V6 Build 13 Crashing

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Richard DeRemer
Company Name: Richard DeRemer Custom Woodwor

V6 Build 13 Crashing

Post by Richard DeRemer »

Please help!

I recently installed Version 6 Build 13 and now cannot open any prior job files(program crashes) using the "Open Existing Job" Link on the main landing page.

I was able to open the job by selecting Develop Cabinets/Assemblies, then selecting File...Open so I got a work-around for that part, but then when I attempt to take the cabinet (there is only one single cabinet in the job) to the Line Drawing Editor, the program crashes. I really need the Line Drawing Editor for the work I do. Can you please advise if a solution exists?

Note I have tried un-installing and re-installing the software as well with no change in behavior. I also tried simply taking a stock cabinet into the Line Drawing Editor and get the same result (program crashes).

Program Info:
Version 6, Build 13

PC Info
Windows XP SP3 with latest updates
1.66 Ghz
1.0GB Ram
Although this seems minimal, it worked with V6 Build 11 just fine.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: V6 Build 13 Crashing

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Richard,

Go to Settings/Preferences and check on the option "Use Hoops Double Buffering" and see if it resolves your issue. You will have to restart eCabinet Systems to fully apply this setting.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Richard DeRemer

Scott - Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately I guess the simple answer is that changing the Double Hoops Buffering Option didn't help.

Steps Taken:

Selected Option to use Double Hoops Buffering
Closed eCabinet Systems
Verified eCabinet Systems closed via Task Manager
Restarted eCabinet Systems
Selected Develop Cabinets or Assemblies
From Standard Cabinets Directory on Right selected Std Base Framed (first cabinet in list)
Selected Line Drawing Editor, then the option to take cabinet when prompted
Screen went white (instead of crashing) and Windows hourglass appeared time at 21:42 system time
Waited Patiently (without launching any other applications, etc) for 5+ mniutes (21:42 thru 21:49) and screen remained white.
Checked Task Manager and it now shows 2 eCabinet Systems applications running ???

Out of curiosity, I then forced both copies of eCabinets to end. Once ended, I re-launched eCabinets (to the Landing Screen) and checked Task Manager again - Only one copy of the application is running.
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Have you tried updated your video card driver?
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Richard DeRemer

I have not tried that. I doubt any newer drivers are available though, but I will check in the next day or two nonetheless.
Richard DeRemer

Ok so after several hours of changing, modifying, testing, re-changing, re-testing, etc. Here's what I've got.

I updated the drivers to the latest available and rebooted. Same result.

I then got adventurous, I un-installed the video drivers, knowing it would force windows to simply load a generic video driver. I re-booted, ignoring all the found new hardware alerts and tried eCabinets and surprisingly it worked. OK so thought at this point, maybe I messed with something else, so I updated the driver again and re-booted. Same result - program hangs.

The video driver I am using is:
Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family Date 2/15/2008 Version 6.14.10.4926

Again it does work with the generic windows driver, however that is not a feasible solution because aside from the half-dozen Windows wants to install new hardware windows at boot, I cannot use my secondary monitor (picture laptop on a docking station).

Appears to me there is some conflict with the above mentioned driver.

Any suggestions?
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Richard,

I sent a response to your personal email. Please view this email message and get back to me.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Richard DeRemer

Scott - Thanks so much for the help. I tried opening a few of my larger job files (full kitchen, etc) and everything is functioning OK.

Thanks again!
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

I too am getting crashing incidents. I can't load any of my draw units. It just hangs and white screens.
If i can get it to throw an error it says ig4icd32.dll which I've traced back on these forums to be a graphics driver issue (the graphics are integrated Intel R33/R31). Tried updating the driver and no success.
Suggestions please?
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Darn close to the same driver I am using. You have the next update from mine. You are still using the integrated video from the motherboard.

Go into the video settings on the computer (desktop, right click, properties, settings, advance, troubleshooting) and lower the acceleration two clicks down and press apply. Then start ecabs. Then go back to troubleshooting and raise it back to full acceleration and press apply.

See what that does for you. Works most of the time for me. Not always.
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

jason galbraith wrote:I too am getting crashing incidents. I can't load any of my draw units. It just hangs and white screens.
If i can get it to throw an error it says ig4icd32.dll which I've traced back on these forums to be a graphics driver issue (the graphics are integrated Intel R33/R31). Tried updating the driver and no success.
Suggestions please?

In build 14, there is a new option in Setting/Preferences called Force Software Rendering. This should allow you to use ecabinets without crashing.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900