Library downloads

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

JR Allen
Company Name: JRs Woodworx

Library downloads

Post by JR Allen »

Hello all, I'm a newbie to eCabinets and using forums so please excuse any errors.
I installed eCabinets on an XP system March 11 and downloaded some libraries no problem and was able to use the program, but experienced some crashes while trying to learn the program. Assuming it was due to not having the recommended system I invested in a Windows 8 laptop and was able to install eCabinets no problem, but I get error messages ( see screen shots ) when I try to install the libraries. I've updated the system with all the updates Windows recommends just in case I was missing something, I also tried a eCabinets reinstall - repair and still get the same message. I'm unsure if I can move the libraries from the XP to a USB drive and and place them in the corresponding folders on my new laptop or is that asking for trouble?
I've had no crashes on the new laptop so far and have been able to save and open some cabinets which I couldn't do on the old XP. I've just started using eCabinets so I'm not concerned with losing any work I've done and would like to be able to download the libraries. Has anyone else come across this with Windows 8?
screen shot comp.jpg
screen shot comp.jpg
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Library downloads

Post by Rick Deskins »

Please download and install this Microsoft Redistributable package and then try to run the install(s) again.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=5638
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
JR Allen
Company Name: JRs Woodworx

Re: Library downloads

Post by JR Allen »

Thank you Rick,
Worked like a charm! Guess I'm not as computer literate as I thought.