Wall associations suddenly not working?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

George L Vought

Wall associations suddenly not working?

Post by George L Vought »

I accidentally (still not sure how) deleted one of my walls. Of course it had to be the one with all the doors and windows :fire: Now I made a new wall. I have associated all of the moldings to it but it is not showing up when I go to the elevation view. I have 2 sticks that are there but the rest of it, who knows where it is. :wall: I had it associated to 2 walls. The one wall I can see it, but can't put it where it belongs. However, while on that wall I moved it out in the room a little to be sure I didn't have it buried in the wall. Still nothing. There should be a chair rail and baseboard not showing up either. I have shut down the program and restarted it but that hasn't helped either.

Still trying to get the counter tops to match too. I've rebuilt that one (oops not there right now) over the dishwasher 5 different times and tried doing a texture match, still doesn't work. I've taken it into render mode and tried changing the material image from there, still won't match. This is a custom material image, but that shouldn't matter, it works on the other counters fine. If I try to create the entire counter out of a display cube; it stretches the image instead of it being tiled.:fire:
Attachments
problem wall.jpg
The only DUMB question is the one you don't ask!
TonyGiunta
Company Name: ToSa Design

Re: Wall associations suddenly not working?

Post by TonyGiunta »

I was encountering similar issues. Try seeing if the item not showing up is already associated to 3 walls. If so you may have to disassociate 1 of the walls then re associate the wall you want to show up on. This is what worked for me. Don't know if 3 associations are the max to an item but it seems so??
George L Vought

I generally try to stick to a 2 wall if I can. I shut it off again only this time I said no to save the job. When I fired it back up there was the molding that had disappeared the first time. Talk about frustration. Now I've got molding on top of molding. Fortunately one is not painted so I can grab tht and delete it. Almost afraid to. :lol:
I've had a couple of issues with disappearing walls too. It is always the walls I have associated with something. I may be forgetting to click off the wall when I delete something, that would probably do it. :lol:
George
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

George - Tony,

It is correct that you may have an item associated with up to Three (3) different walls. If you have a scenario that is causing you grief and you can reproduce it, please get us a job and some steps and we would be glade to address it.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
George L Vought

I have a stinking suspicion that Windows was doing a background update while I was trying to work. When I went into render mode, first a table set was missing. So I hit render again. This time all the darn cabinets were gone off the same wall.
George
TonyGiunta

Post by TonyGiunta »

Scott,

This is something that just started happening. I isolated this section from a larger kitchen with many walls and cabinets. When you go into the elevation/wall view for wall #1, the main front wall, notice that the both the wall cabinet and base cabinet do not register. Also the display cube backsplash as well. I can highlight them by dragging a selection square over the item and also can bring to editor, but can't get info on distance from floor, wall etc as normal. This was OK before but now I noticed they are not registering. I have associated all items to wall #1. Help appreciated.

Tony
Attachments
Test1.esj
(4.72 MiB) Downloaded 323 times
George L Vought

Apparently that wasn't the issue cause I'm still having problems with wall associations not working correctly. This is a shot of 2 jars I created out of display cubes. I hight-lighted them. They have 2 wall associations, #7 & #1. I can move them left or right but can't raise them off the floor. I've done this hundreds of times so I know how to do it, just eCab isn't cooperating.

I am also still losing stuff in render mode. I might get a good render, but if I adjust the lighting and render again, a bunch of stuff is gone. It has to be a software glitch. One minute it works and the next it doesn't. I spent an hour yesterday running a Malware and security sweep for bugs, nothing. No Windows updates running in the background this time :lol:
Attachments
wall 7.jpg
TonyGiunta

Post by TonyGiunta »

Scott, today everything is registering. Don't know what changed. Probably computer/graphic glitch. Thanks.
George L Vought

I am such an idiot, I forgot to take the placement mode into free style DUH!!! :oops: