adding a custom wall texture

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

George L Vought

adding a custom wall texture

Post by George L Vought »

I created a jpg of the actual wallpaper in this room. I then resized it (smaller) and added it as an image in the wallpaper section. (I tried it in the user defined folder too same thing.) I then clicked on the walls and selected modify texture. I went in selected the new image and this is what I got. Is there someway to get it so it doesn't tile the image?
BTW the "save" in the presentation mode still does not work, I have to do a screen shot then take it to paint to get a picture. It opens the dimensions box but when you click save it does nothing.
Attachments
wallpaper tiled.png
The only DUMB question is the one you don't ask!
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: adding a custom wall texture

Post by Scott G Vaal »

George,

For what you are wanting to do, you should Go to Render View, Right-Click, select Texture Options -> Wall/Floor -> Change Texture. The dialog that appears allows you to Auto Tile, Stretch, or Manual Tile. Now, you press and hold the Ctrl key and move the mouse to see it change to a paint roller, then click the red tip on the wall or floor you want changed.
Change Texture1.jpg
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
George L Vought

Scott
I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate all of your help!! :beer:
George
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Have you ever thought about subscribing to the eCabinet Systems training videos? It's only $25/month.

http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabinet ... aining.htm
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Hi Rick
That was the best thing I ever did eCabinet Systems training videos? It's only $25/month.

George L Vought

No I really didn't but I can certainly see the value of it :beer: Thanks
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

PS. It's $25 per month for as long as you need it and it gets updated as the software does. Search for the "What's new" to see what's in the latest version or previous versions.
George L Vought

Took a look at the preview yesterday, liked what I saw. Can't get anything for $25 these days. How detailed are the videos? Is it just an expanded version of the help section? I don't find the help manual that comes with this program very useful. Bone heads like me need stuff spelled out. :lol: If I watch somebody do something I can pick it up right away, but some of these explanations don't go far enough.

Math is not one of my strong subjects. :oops: I know how to measure a room and I know how to build cabinets but all of this XYZ stuff gets me confused sometimes. Most of the time I can navigate it but unless you use the program all the time you tend to forget stuff. That's why the classes sound good.
Right now I'm up to my eyeballs. Version 14 is out already and i just got 13 downloaded.
George
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Georg. I personally have not viewed the videos but hind site being 20/20 I most certainty would have subscribed from the get go. For $25 you get 30 days to check them out. You can unsubscribe at any time.