profile modeler crashing

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

FredHirsch

profile modeler crashing

Post by FredHirsch »

Trying to model paneling with a 90 degree v-bit 1/4" deep, down length of a panel. Have a tool group vBit with a single custom tool 90 vBit. Created a generic test cab and put centerline panel lines on the door. vBit is the default group with my 90 vbit as the custom tool. Only one tool in the group. When I load in profile modeler and try to write CNC I get the following message:

"An error occurred while performing the toolpath calculation on region #1. Reloading the part may fix this problem."

Running the latest version of Control Nesting and have profile modeler V2.6.0.6 (Beta 6) <-just downloaded.

Anyone bumped into this one?

Thanks,
Fred
Fred Hirsch
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: profile modeler crashing

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Fred,

Did you re-size your panel that contained the tool paths before writing the twd.
When I get that error I usually have to take the part back to eCabinets and re do the tool paths.
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Kerry,
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought of that and did start fresh with a new cab and am still getting error. Here is generic cab with my V test on door. This cab gives error on the machine. I'm thinking I have setup profile modeler wrong on controller.
Thanks,
Fred
Attachments
90 Degree V.tol
90 V Tool
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
VBit_Test.zip
V-bit test Cab
(93.1 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
Fred Hirsch
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Fred,

It worked when I nested your cabinet here.

Make sure you have something like a 10" stepover on your tool in the Profile Modeler tool setup so it won't try to model it.
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Kerry,
That worked in profile modeler. I was able to write the file out of PM. Thank you. Should I be able to do this in the nest? I just tried, and it crashes CN when I go to write the NC file.
Thanks,
Fred
Fred Hirsch
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

If you have your tooling setup in the profile modeler and it works there it should also work in the nest as long as that v bit tool group is your default in provile modeler when you nest it.

Were you trying to do it with the region one and two in mdf doors?
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Kerry,
Sorry for the delay. No these are not MDF doors, but side panels using the Geric 3/4 Material. The interesting thing... if I setup PM to model it everything is great. It has something to do with how I have that custom tool setup in eCabs or PM on the machine. I'll keep trying and let everyone know what I come up with (if anything).
thx
Fred
Fred Hirsch