Meaurement Dialog Problem

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

biagio g gugliotta
Company Name: Hudson River WoodWrights

Meaurement Dialog Problem

Post by biagio g gugliotta »

Hello, Just finished completing most of the online training series and have downloading ecabinets v6 b 14 -- I ready to draft. While in the main and the various editors when I click the measurement dialog a measurement dialog screen pops up and my cursur jumps to the close window button in the measurement dialog screen. I also, cannot pick any nodes and or make any measurements while in any of the editor sections or the main. Does anyone have this issue as well. I have close ecabinets and restarted but no change.

cheers,
biagio g gugliotta
hudson river woodwrights
Dennis Englert

Re: Meaurement Dialog Problem

Post by Dennis Englert »

I cannot duplicate what you've described.

With a cabinet loaded in the Cabinet and Assembly Editor, double-click on the cabinet. It should have a green wireframe. Then click on the Measurement icon. You should be able to move the cursor to any of the end points, click, then move over to the other end point to be measured. This time don't click and you should be able to read the measurement.

Dennis
biagio g gugliotta

Hello Mr Englert, I have performed the opertations that you described but I still cannot pic to any nodes for measuring in any of the editor sections or in the main. Interestingly though, when I click on the measurement dialog button the dimensions window pops up with my cursor on the close window button for that window, though I did not place it there. I am running windows 7 home on a dell labtop.

cheers,
biagio
biagio g gugliotta

Hello Mr Englert. It appears that the entire cabinet needs to be double clicked, not just the individual part that is to be measured. I am able to pic nodes after clicking the cabinet in this manner.
Thank you.

Biagio