Arc Dxf Ramp Error

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Stephane Kovari
Company Name: Aspec

Arc Dxf Ramp Error

Post by Stephane Kovari »

Recently we've been noticing that when we try to cut a 4inch arc using a *.dxf in the control nesting, it seems to cut the in-ramp corner straight into our piece then follow the correct arc and then it finishes again notched inside the arc!!!! :wall: checked the dxf and there is nothing out of the ordinary! I lowered the ramp to 0.001 since it did not allow me to erase it completely and it still notches the arc but does not create long ramp (of course)!

Please help!
Kovi
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Re: Arc Dxf Ramp Error

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Stephane,

Can you send us a copy of your DXF so that we can take a look at it? / Pouvez-vous nous envoyer une copie de votre DXF afin que nous puissions le vérifier?
  • ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Questions de «support au logiciel»??
    Envoyez-nous un courriel à logiciel@cncautomation.com
    ou
    Appelez-nous @ 1-800-421-5955 et demandez à
    parler avec un représentant de support au logiciel.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software Support Questions??
    Email us at software@cncautomation.com
    or
    Call us @ 1-800-421-5955 and ask to speak
    with a software support representative.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully we can assist you. / J'espère que nous pourrons vous aider.
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation
Stephane Kovari
Company Name: Aspec

Re: Arc Dxf Ramp Error

Post by Stephane Kovari »

I'll try to clarify my problem! The problem is when we use the control nest to nest dxfs that are in an arc form. the outline ramp-in doesn't realise that it is an arc and therefore cuts straight the length of the in-ramp and then follows my arc. This has been happening only since the latest update!!! I now have to manually nest them and create a custom cutting program for each nest!! not very efficient :| Also while nesting it is doing a horrible job of it! Chec This Photo of a nest!!

Any ideas????
Kovi
Attachments
CNC - nest.png