New update crashing??

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mike Murray
Company Name: VCSS

New update crashing??

Post by Mike Murray »

Is any one having troubles with the latest build crashing and having to restart?
I have not had any problems what so ever until the last update, now it is doing it several times a day. Does not seem to be at any specific task.
Just gives me the e-cabs has encountered a problem and forces me to shut down with no chance to save,has cost me many hours of work in total.
Mike Murray

Re: New update crashing??

Post by Mike Murray »

It rears its ugly head again this morning...Another 30 min down the tubes.

Ecabs system application has stopped running,then forces me to shut down and lose all info since last save.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Mike,

Look in the Microsoft Event Viewer log file for an error message. It should highlight what is causing the fault.

If you don't know how to get to the event viewer, send an email to cabinets@thermwood.com and I'll send you instructions.

Dennis
Mike Murray

Post by Mike Murray »

HI Dennis,
Yes I can get to the event viewer, but don't really understand what I am looking at when I get there. I can get the guy who does all my computer work in here to look at it if need be.
Thanks
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Have you updated your video card drivers? When you go to the event viewer, you can right click on the log application log and choose save all events as. Once you save the file zip it up and send it in.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Rachelle DeShields

Post by Rachelle DeShields »

I am having this same problem. For me, it is localized to the Line Drawing Editor and the Door/Drawer Designer in the Cabinet Editor. ECabinets crashes almost every time I try to change the font and occasionally when I try to use other "buttons" while in the Drawing Editor. It also crashes when I try to change the profile, bead, or raise in the Door/Drawer Designer dialog box. This is a huge waist of time! Is there anything I can do? I believe this started happening when I downloaded V6 Build 12.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Rachelle DeShields wrote:I am having this same problem. For me, it is localized to the Line Drawing Editor and the Door/Drawer Designer in the Cabinet Editor. ECabinets crashes almost every time I try to change the font and occasionally when I try to use other "buttons" while in the Drawing Editor. It also crashes when I try to change the profile, bead, or raise in the Door/Drawer Designer dialog box. This is a huge waist of time! Is there anything I can do? I believe this started happening when I downloaded V6 Build 12.
Rachelle.
The boss was having a similar issue with line drawings. I suggested checking the use graphics double buffering check box in settings/preferences then restart eCabinets. This took care of the problem.
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Rachelle DeShields wrote:I am having this same problem. For me, it is localized to the Line Drawing Editor and the Door/Drawer Designer in the Cabinet Editor. ECabinets crashes almost every time I try to change the font and occasionally when I try to use other "buttons" while in the Drawing Editor. It also crashes when I try to change the profile, bead, or raise in the Door/Drawer Designer dialog box. This is a huge waist of time! Is there anything I can do? I believe this started happening when I downloaded V6 Build 12.
Rachelle,

Have you updated your video card drivers? Check the Windows event viewer and see what faulting module is listed. If you don't know how to get to the event viewer, send an email to cabinets@thermwood.com and we can send you instructions.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000