Import Batch from Excel Problem

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

TonyGiunta
Company Name: ToSa Design

Import Batch from Excel Problem

Post by TonyGiunta »

I'm trying to use this feature for the 1st time and not having any success with the import into Batch. I've attached my spreadsheet. Can't figure out what's wrong. Nothing happens at all or I'll get a "The webpage cannot be displayed" error message. Help appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
251 dr panels.xls
(26 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: Import Batch from Excel Problem

Post by Rick Deskins »

I don't think your name and directory field are correct.

Name is the actual name of the cabinet or assembly file. You can use New Name to rename the cabinet/assembly in the batch.

Directory is the relative directory path for the cabinet/assembly. If it is a cabinet, this field would be the directory structure relative to c:\users\public\documents\thermwood\ecabinet systems\cabinets\. For assemblies, it would be relative to c:\users\public\documents\thermwood\ecabinet systems\assemblies\.

So if I wanted to load a Std Base Framed. The Name field would be Std Base Framed. The Directory field would be Standard Cabinets.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
TonyGiunta

Post by TonyGiunta »

Thanks Rick. I sort of backed into this when cleaning up some Excel tables for more user friendliness. I figured all what was needed was qty, thickness and size but...

I was isolating the panels of BIH 5 piece doors so that I could get a cut line nest for them. What is the fastest way to do this? Should I export my job batch cultist to excel? then what? The less I have to clean up a table the better. Thanks.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Toney.
We use this feature often to export panels for our doors (5/8 Mdf as well as ¼ sheet stock). We have a library set up just for this purpose named for example Door panels. We took a cabinet with everything removed except for the back. And set up the materials for these backs to use for example 5/8 Mdf and ¼ Mdf. Then named the cabinets in the library for example P625 Panel and P25 Panel. After the panels have been Isolated you can copy the sizes of the panels to the excel file that you have set up for the export. And name them the same name that is in the library I.e. if you are using 5/8 sheet stock then the name in this example would be P625 Panel. You can rename the Cabinet name as Rick said See the Pix below. Note the New name column.

Ps. if you need to change the material type to something else like ¼ Cherry then you can click on change materials and select you ¼ cherry.
Attachments
ExportTable.jpg
TonyGiunta

Post by TonyGiunta »

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your methodology. Looks efficient. Tony