Nesting Material issues

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Nesting Material issues

Post by Tim Massa »

Would anyone know why the .77 MDF material in this batch of cabinets won't nest? I've looked at the material specs; no grain, 97" x 49", etc and can see no reason why it will not nest.
Likewise the storage cabinets' back will not nest although it's 46.5L in one direction and 68.55" wide. This material is also no grain so I can't understand why it will not nest correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Tim
Attachments
Material quote 11 6 14.esj
(4.88 MiB) Downloaded 325 times
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Re: Nesting Material issues

Post by Joe Soto »

Hi Tim, Looks like your material is .49" wide
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Hi Joe,

Yes it is. I was working under the assumption that if the material has no grain orientation then the nest would put the rectangle shapes inside the material rectangle, going large to small rectangles, in the most efficient way.
Also, the .77 MDF material won't nest at all. AGain, no grain and parts are small enough to fit on the 49" dimension of the 49"x97" material spec. Nada on any .77" Mdf part nesting. Why an entire material won't nest is baffling.

Thanks,
Tim
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

AGain, no grain and parts are small enough to fit on the 49" dimension of the 49"x97" material spec.
As joe stated, the .77 MDF material is set to 0.49" not 49". Change the material width to 49" and it will nest.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Tim Massa

Post by Tim Massa »

Wow, I stared at the answer twice and still read it wrong. My eyes must be composting with age. Thanks you Joe and Rick. Much appreciated