Spindle Speed Problem

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Stephane Kovari
Company Name: Aspec

Spindle Speed Problem

Post by Stephane Kovari »

Since the last update, the tool is now digging into the material before the spindle speed is 100%
Is there somewhere I can change this setting to give it more time before entering my sheets!

Stephane
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: Spindle Speed Problem

Post by Daniel Odom »

The M31 code should prevent this, is it outputting M31 with every tool-change? I have seen one bug that is slightly concerning though, the first tool change changes the rpm value before loading the tool but subsequent tool changes have the rpm value after the tool change, causing the tool to use the previous tool's rpm value for a few seconds before changing to the correct value, this can cause problems if you have a tool that uses high rpms that changes to a tool with low rpms or vice-versa. I'm still using control nesting v5.73 so maybe this has been fixed.
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

We have the same problem with the tool using the previous tool's rpm at first. We were using a dry erase pen in a tool holder to mark for the edge bander, and the pen would spray ink if it came after a high speed tool. Have since switched to a pencil, but hard to see on some product.
Stephen Tinkler

Post by Stephen Tinkler »

Hi is there anyone else noticed this issue !
Cheers Stephen
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Stephen, can you post a .cnc file with the problem? I'll be happy to take a look at it. What version of control nesting are you running?
Josh
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Gentlemen,

Please get us more information on this. We have recently made a change in this area to prevent a tool from turning on with a previous tools RPM. The code looks to be doing everything correct as far as we can tell. So, if you have the very latest Control Nesting installed and have Router Off Every Sheet CHECKED in settings and are still having an issue, then please get us an export from C-Nesting and a sample program that demonstrates the issue so we can examine/address it for you.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000