Outside Corner Cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Troy Hollinshead
Company Name: Leidys Custom Woodworking

Outside Corner Cabinet

Post by Troy Hollinshead »

Not sure how to word my issues, But basically I started with a corner cabinet removed the left and right sides. I am using the left back of the cabinet as the back and then using the right back as my right side. But no matter what I seem to do I cannot duplicate the cabinet as a mirror image. I cannot seem to change the way the back overlap each other. and the cabinet on the far right I cannot get to sit on the wall correctly. The doors and toe kick is a seperate issue. Am I going about this all wrong? Im attaching the .esj file maybe someone can decipher what my problem is. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Troy Hollinshead
Attachments
Treatment Rooms.esj
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 311 times
Room.jpg
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Outside Corner Cabinet

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Troy,
I was able to place the cabinet in question by using the rotate tool. I then made sure that the cabinet was associated to the wall. I Disassociated the other cabinets from the wall then in elevation mode I set the cabinet to be 0 distance from the right end of the wall. I went back into the overhead view and clicked to the cabinet to the left if the corner cabinet and clicked on the corner cabinet this gave me the distance that I set in move increments for objects for example 3 15/16 then I moved it over by holding down the shift key and taping on the left arrow key.
You might have better luck placing this cabinet if you made a right version of it. For example make the left back the long side and the right back the short side. As far as the overlap issue I recommend checking the option to mightier 90 deg. Corner. This way you can either mightier the backs or cut the one you choose for the overlap.
Attachments
Troy'sCornerCab.jpg
Troy Hollinshead
Company Name: Leidys Custom Woodworking

Post by Troy Hollinshead »

Thanks for the help! I did end up getting it by using a standard frameless cabinet and removing the right end on one of them. On the other one I removed the left end. Drew the shapes in autocad and saved the .dxf's. Then used the part editor to cut the shapes.
Thanks again.
Thermwood Forum.jpg
Thermwood Forum.jpg (8.77 KiB) Viewed 4566 times
Attachments
Thermwood Forum.esj
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 341 times
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

No problem Troy. I am glad that I could help