LDE problems

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dennis Adrian

LDE problems

Post by Dennis Adrian »

Hello , I am having some difficulty with a job I'm drawing . Everything in ecabs seems to be working correctly except the Line drawing editor, the program shuts off after just a few minutes
of dimensioning or anything for that matter while in the LDE.
I downloaded graphics card driver today, no luck. I have to get these drawings out and don't know what to do next.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
My computer specs are: Dell Precision M4800, Intel Core i7-4810MQ processor (Quad Core 2.8Ghz, 3.8Ghz Turbo, 6MB 47W, w/HD Graphics 4600). Windows 7 Pro, and AMD FirePro M5100 w/2GB GDDR5
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dennis Adrian
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: LDE problems

Post by Rick Deskins »

If you can, reproduce the crash then go to the event viewer and see what dll the crash occurred in. In the meantime, you can go to settings and preferences and check Force software rendering and Use Graphics Double Buffering, then restart ecabinets. You could also try going into the AMD catalyst control panel and setting up a profile for ecabinets.exe and force it to use the Firepro video card. Here is a video that explains a little of what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCh9Eob0mNY
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Dennis Adrian

Post by Dennis Adrian »

Thanks Rick, I'll try that, I think this computer is mocking me because it only does this on occasion and otherwise works just fine!
Dennis Adrian

Post by Dennis Adrian »

Hey Rick, I did not have any problems w/ the LDE for some time , but it just crashed again. Attached is the dll from the event viewer. Is there any help you can give me from this info?
Thanks, Dennis Adrian
Attachments
event viewer ecab crash.txt
(672 Bytes) Downloaded 302 times