Link nesting issues.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tim Massa

Link nesting issues.

Post by Tim Massa »

Having an issue between two computers and within a computer with nesting in Ecab link.
I have Link software on my design computer that I will drop TWD files into and be able to print off labels and reports from office printer. I'll also use the Link to get a dead accurate material takeoff from the nest.
I'll then export the TWD file to downstairs control computer via usb stick. Load same TWD file into Ecab link, run nest, write the file out to Shopbot.
This method has been working fine for a few years now but all of a sudden I'm having an issue with a current job that has the clock ticking loudly on.
The File nested initially on both design and control computers the same. However, when I tried turning some parts off the nest changed (normal but I was hoping that it wouldn't affect the first two sheets of the nest. It did.) O.K., fine, turn parts back on again. Return to nest. What the?!.... Nest is still different from initial one. Hmmm.....
Went upstairs to design computer and exported Link settings to USB stick. Went back to control computer and imported settings into Link. Loaded TWD file. Ran nest. No change. Still nesting different than design computer Link nest and first nesting in Link on control computer. Driving me nuts on account of the latter nest being less efficient and using an extra sheet of material! I don't have the material to get the job done if I can't get the Link to nest as it initially did before turning parts on/off on the control computer or as it still does correctly on the design computer.
Anyone experience this problem of conflicting nest results between two computers? If so was there a way to resolve it?

Thanks,
Tim
Tim Massa

Re: Link nesting issues.

Post by Tim Massa »

Found it!
Very stupid. I had 'Straight Line' selected somehow and not true shape. Answer was staring at me.

Tim