cabinet dimension locks and the metric system

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

cabinet dimension locks and the metric system

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Is there a known issue that prevents locking a cabinet to a set size when using metric, or am I approaching this in the wrong way?

I am trying to demonstrate how we can take a dxf of an existing part (pre-ecabs) and apply it to a gable in order to quickly produce exactly what they are used to seeing. I have done this with the part editor, but wanted to lock the dimensions so that nobody could try to resize and screw-up the hole locations since I don't want to spend the time constraining everything. I have set the lock dimension so that the mins and maxs are equal (height=768mm, depth=300mm, width=16mm). I keep getting an error message that the min depth must be equal to or smaller than current cabinet depth... but it is. If I adjust the min number below what I want it to be, it then jumps to the same error message for the width.

Is this just because I am using metric, or can the min/max dimensions not be equal?
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: cabinet dimension locks and the metric system

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Mark,

You are doing everything correctly. It does appears to be an issue with metric. I have it listed and we will resolved it as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

Re: cabinet dimension locks and the metric system

Post by Mark Hesketh »

No Problem. Thanks Scott