Missing folders after update

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

JR Allen
Company Name: JRs Woodworx

Missing folders after update

Post by JR Allen »

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone else has encountered the same situation I have. I happened to notice that after the update, the materials folder is not there and possibly some others. From time to time I add a .jpg here and there but I no longer see the folder under Thermwood and it was there before I updated. I also noticed the date was different from the download date so I'm wondering if the version is correct or if I need to reinstall the Materials folder and Susan folder. I've done a Repair / Reinstall, no changes. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Ecab screen shot.jpg
Ecab screen shot 3.jpg
Ecab screen shot2.jpg
Dennis Englert

Re: Missing folders after update

Post by Dennis Englert »

The Materials folder is located at: C:\ProgramData\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems
Hardware is located at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems

The screenshots you provided did not show either of these addresses. If you can not see the ProgramData folder, then your system is set to Hide folders.

Dennis
JR Allen
Company Name: JRs Woodworx

Post by JR Allen »

Hi Dennis,
Thank you for the reply, I did have hide folders turned off after seeing some icons on my desktop. Seems I used to access the Thermwood folder with Materials from C / Program Files and the other folder was C / Users / Public Documents not sure what changed. So now I have a Thermwood folder in 3 places , C / Program files ( x86 ) - C / Program Data and C / Users / Public Documents, does this seem correct to you? J.R.
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Yes, Microsoft forced a change in structure from Vista on.

Dennis