Control Nesting Update V5.82

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Ben Keppler
Company Name: Excalibur

Control Nesting Update V5.82

Post by Ben Keppler »

Hello!
My name is Ben and I am CNC machinist in Excalibur furniture and design, Toronto, Canada.
I'm operating Thermwood CS45 router. Machine manufactured in 2006, control updated to QCore supercontrol in 2014. I've updated Control nesting to latest version 5.82 and running into problem with flip operations now. Router cutting parts trough. It seems to me that spoilboard value not taken to account when Z calculated by Control nesting. Rollback to previous version (5.78) fix this situation. Does anybody have a similar problem?
Where (in Thermwood site) I can log this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Ben Keppler
Excalibur
Toronto
Ben Keppler
Company Name: Excalibur

Re: Control Nesting Update V5.82

Post by Ben Keppler »

Anybody anything? Any suggestions? How I can update to latest version of CN?

Thanks
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Ben,

I am not seeing that issue here on our demo machines and I have not yet heard of anyone else experiencing this problem. Are there any other details you can tell me about the problem? About how much too deep was it? I assume you are referring to the wasteboard thickness, right? This value is stored in the THM SuperControl's machine variable dialog, so I would look at what it is set to and write it down (Edit -> Machine Variables, then look in the Thermwood Defined section for WASTEBOARD). The Control Nesting update does not do anything with this file, so I am not expecting it to change after updating, but you know it can't hurt to check it. Then, go to your current version of Control Nesting and do an Export (File -> Export, then select where you want it to save). I may want you to send that export file to me later if you still have an issue. After that, when you have an ideal moment (I know these do not always come when you need/want them) run the update to the latest CN and cautiously see if the same issue happens for you. If so, please let us know. You may want to make sure you do this well within Thermwood's and or CNC Automations business hours so that we can have time to investigate and get you going if needed. Let us know...
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Ben,

Please contact us at CNC Automation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email us at <software@cncautomation.com>
or
Call us @ 1-800-421-5955 and ask to speak
with a software support representative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation
Brad McIntosh
Guru Member
Company Name: CNC Automation

Post by Brad McIntosh »

Ben,

Jim here at our offices tried to email you but it bounced back with an "unknown address". He also tried to call, but the number we have on file went directly to an uninitialized voice mail system. Could your contact information have changed since our last correspondence?

Please give us a call when you have a chance.
Brad McIntosh
CNC Automation

Home: http://www.cncautomation.com
Twitter: @bmcncautomation