Hard Disk Drive

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Hard Disk Drive

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good afternoon.
Got our machine in 2006, and our HDD has gone corrupt in 2015 (failure). We bought a SSD (128GB) I install it and boot with the recovery cd that we got with the machine in 2006. So now it's got Win XP Pro on, but I can not activate it, it just take you to a windows webpage where you have the option to buy Win 7. Same with other stuff....want to reinstall "e-cabs" said it need .nett framework try to install that.....framework need IE version 7 or higher.....I can not update that........take me to windows webpage to buy Win 7. Everything else also go in circles.We are willing to get Win 7, but how will I set the machine up? Did contact Thermwood through there website to request an update, but no one has contact us.
Thanks in advance
Marius
Carl Jones
Thermwood Team

Re: Hard Disk Drive

Post by Carl Jones »

Hello, we can help you with this in the service department. For questions like these, it is best to email service@thermwood.com. To answer your question, Did you use the Thermwood boot CD and the Thermwood supplied restore DVD? You cannot use the Windows DVD to do this. We integrate the software and partition the drive using the image that we burn on those disks. Also, we do not use solid state drives because we haven't had luck using those. If you haven't tried, I would get a SATA drive and try to run a full restore on that. Please send your response to service@thermwood.com so we can work from there. Thanks
Thermwood Technician
Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Re: Hard Disk Drive

Post by Marius Gouws »

Will do that thank you.