3\" Wide Fluted Bit

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Dave Lesley

Post by Dave Lesley »

i'm not all that well versed on creating a directory, a little help please?

how do you create a tools directory, and where?

Dave
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dave,
For a tools directory just make a \"new folder\" and name it tools. You can place it anywhere you can find it. I would suggest in the eCabinets folder. I moved mine into my eCabinets/jobs/ folder with all of my job files so that when Dan Epps Backup Utility backs up my jobs it backs up my tools also.
After creating the tools folder wherever you want, when you create or download a tool just save it to that folder.
Kerry
Lee Turner

How to use the tool

Post by Lee Turner »

I was able to download the file, but I'm a newbie at this. What do I do now. In other words how do I use it?
Covington, WA
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Lee,
In the Cabinet Assembly editor highlight the part you want to profile by clicking on it/
Click on the Part Editor icon and this will sen the part to the part editor/
Click on the Profile edge icon/
You will now be prompted to choose single, partial or chain/
For this tool you will probably select single then click on one edge of the part near the top or bottom of the part/
Then select next and a window will open for you to select the tool you want to use/
Find your tool and click view/
You can now select offsets from the edge for the tool path and the depth of cut of the tool/
For this test just select OK and the part should be profiled by the fluting tool
Select return and choose to save the changes made to the part.
Kerry
Paul Berendsohn

Post by Paul Berendsohn »

OK, this program is making me feel like an idiot (in spite of Kerry's sincere efforts) but I have to ask a stupid question I'm afraid...

I want to use the flute tool posted here to make a fluted pilaster...

I succesfully Dl the tool and created a display board, but the \"axis\" the tool works in isn't \"correct\". In other words it routs the flutes across the short dimension of the stock, rather than the length. I can't see any way to rotate the board or the tool. Should I specify the board dimensions opposite of what I did in order for it to display in a direction that matches the tool travel?

Sorry, I'm sure this is obvious but...
:oops:

PaulB
Paul Berendsohn

OK... 2nd installment.

By using the chain mode I can rout down the length of my board, but the bit does a 90 degreee turn rather than running off the end. sigh... am I on the right path?

PaulB
Paul Berendsohn

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyy smokes!!!
I got very close to what I wanted by reading old posts and finding something that Kerry (aka Yoda) posted. Thanks Kerry!!!

PaulB