change not rendering

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

change not rendering

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Goodmorning once again,
THis morning I am attempting to change doors on an existing job. I select all my cabinets, go to adjust features, select doors, select a replacement, hit OK. THe program behaves as though things are changing and gives me the message that the change has been made. I then select render and after the render is complete I find that no doors have changed. I have attempted to do this throughAdjust features- change cabinet features- doors ---- and I have attempted to do this through global items modification. Both ways indicate that the change has been made yet the change is not rendering.---- Anyone?
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: change not rendering

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Can you post the original job and some steps? If it is too large or you do not wish to share with the world, you can email it to cabinets@thermwood.com (put Attn: Scott in the subject). But ensure you give us concise steps to reproduce it.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: change not rendering

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Ralph,

Sorry for the late response, your emails went to a spam folder and I did not realize it until this morning.

I am able to reproduce what you are seeing. The doors that you have on these cabinets have a Texture Match applied to get them the black color and this texture match will pass on to doors you change to via Adjust Features and is currently that way by design. So, your doors did change, but hung on to the black color that was requested via the texture matching (we can possibly look into some means of breaking this bond in a future version at times when you desire it).

Now, with that said, I think there is a simpler solution for what you are trying to accomplish. If all you want is to do is have the doors in the Custom Layout be a different texture/color, select all the cabinets in the custom layout, then select Modify Textures (under Edit Options icon or in the right click menu, Edit Options in the main CL area ). Here you can selectively change textures of all the materials etc. in the custom layout including the Conestoga doors (this only affects the room, not cabinets in your library or when you view them in the cab editor from the room). Hope this helps. If I am missing something here, please let me know.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000