placing cabinets back to back

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

placing cabinets back to back

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Good morning,
Today I am doing a custom layout with a large island. The island has cabinets which are back to back and I am having a problem with rotation. When I try to place the cabinet it does not want to align so I end up free style and incremental movement to place it. Is that the way it is supposed to be done or is there something I am overlooking? I subscribe to the videos but I can't find anything that specifically deals with back to back placement of cabinets. Any tips would be appreciated.
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Re: placing cabinets back to back

Post by Donald Thomson »

Yes, placing back relates to wall placement. I learned this awhile ago. The way you are doing it is the only way I know of.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Thank you Don.This program is very powerful and the learning curve is quite steep for me. I don't use all the features and I am not high production so for lack of practice, some features are a struggle for me.
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

I totally understand. It was a long and steep learning curve for me as well. I don't use half of what the program is capable of. My work involves bringing cabinets into a room layout or batch, from my seed cabinets, and creating cutlists and CNC output for cutting on my CNC. There are some folks on here that can create some of the most beautiful things you can imagine using this software. It is mind boggling what I've seen people create with eCabs. Very powerful program.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Post by tim lucas »

For islands I find it better to create an assembly in cabinet editor, bring in one cabinet got to top view move cabinet off target bring in another cabinet, rotate one cabinet 180 then select both cabinets, use item alignment to align the backs to zero - save as an assembly then when you place your assembly in the room you can rotate all cabinets in the assembly at once.
assembly.jpg
Hope this helps
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us