Better Renderings

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Calvin Williams
Company Name: Williams Woodshop

Better Renderings

Post by Calvin Williams »

Anyone have any pointers on getting these renderings to look more professional? I struggle with them looking washed out. I add lights, adjust the light intensity and just can't seem to get them right. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Attachments
Trust Point Rendering.jpg
Daniel Odom
Company Name: Carlton Kitchen and Bath

Re: Better Renderings

Post by Daniel Odom »

I really wish Ecabinets had an stl export feature so I could do rendering/ mock-ups in other programs that specialize in rendering. For now I just end up redrawing things in Sketchup and use a render plug-in. I like using Maxwell Fire b/c it's easy but there are all kinds of plugins to try out and find the best for your situation. If you're just drawing something for looks you don't have to worry about joinery, etc. so it really doesn't take that long to do, just one more step.
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

You may have already view this thread. If not it might help you. Kerry is the go to man for presentations.
http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... =3&t=14357
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

There are two light intensity settings. One is a global setting for the overall room. However you can click on a light and choose adjust light intensity for each individual light. You probably just need to turn down the intensity for the two lights in your room.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900