TWD nesting problem

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

TWD nesting problem

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Goodmorning,
I am attempting to creat a TWD and need to change material thickness. When I make the change (maple .75) to .738 and the program continues I get the message that the deck will not nest. I have tried several times without success. I was able to create the TWD as long as I did not change material thickness. Can any one tell me what is happening and how to fix this.

23.25 x 12 x 5 D medicine cab.hsf
(484.02 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Re: TWD nesting problem

Post by David Egnoski »

Ralph,

The material for your cabinet is defined as .625 thick. When I tried to change it to .738 I got the error. When I tried to change it to .623 it worked fine. I think changing material that much thicker is causing the problem.
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

It could also have something to do with the lock dados on the deck that are used for the right and back. If I change those to KD/RTA Fastener. It will let me change the material thickness by that amount. The odd thing is that the top has the same settings but is not causing the error. The only difference is that there is a bottom inset on the left and right ends of -.0625
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Thankyou both for the input. I feel stupid about the material thickness, should have caught that. The reason for the inset on the bottom is so that the KD fittings are not protruding past the cabinet sides. I have done this in the past with no problem but this is actually one of the first cabinets I have done with a faceframe, I have been doing frameless for a number of years.I was wondering if that might be part of it? I got caught up in the fact that the top worked though the deck did not?? I tried changing the material for the entire cabinet to maple .75 using the right click "change Material" feature but that did not work for me.

I appreciate that you took the time to investigate. I will try again :?

These last two or three days I have picked up some malware, I hope I am not passing it along. Web ad pages are loading up every second click or so. Anyone else?