constraint manager test button

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bill Collier
Company Name: Cabinets Counters and More

constraint manager test button

Post by Bill Collier »

Hello! I am a neophyte user of eCabinet Systems. I am learning from co-workers and with the help of the on-line training videos. I am a long time user of Cabinet Vision and it is an interesting transition for me. I am using Version 6 - Build 17. The on-line videos dealing with the constraint manager discuss the test button. According to the "About eCabinet Systems" drop down, I am using the most recent build. The constraint manager on this machine does not show a test button. However, if I hover the cursor just to the left of the font button on the menu where the test button is supposed to be, I see the explanation of what test is for. Any attempt to click there either does nothing or brings up the font dialog. I have also downloaded the most recent version of eCabinets onto a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 running Windows 8.1 Professional. I did have a previous build of eCabinets installed on the this machine. When I access constraint manager on the Surface Pro, I am also missing the test button. Last night I installed the latest build of eCabinets onto a virgin Windows 10 machine. Lo and behold the test button appears and works on constraint manager. What is going on and how should I proceed? I "re-downloaded" the most recent build to this Windows 7 Professional machine and went through the installation but this has NOT changed the test button situation. Thanks in advance for your help!

Bill Collier
Cabinets, Counters and More
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: constraint manager test button

Post by Rick Deskins »

Currently the test button is only be available for regular cabinets parts. Drawer Box parts from the Drawer Box Desginer do not have the test button in constraint manager.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Bill Collier

Post by Bill Collier »

Thanks Rick!
Bill Collier

Post by Bill Collier »

Another question about constraint manager. Is the use of parameters supported when using constraint manager on drawer box parts? Thanks!
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

You can use H for height of part, W for width of part, T for thickness of part.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900