keyboard trackpad

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

keyboard trackpad

Post by Stuart Douglas »

The keyboard track-pad on our unit is not responding consistently to normal fingertip pressure. the cursor movement is erratic and super frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem? What is the best stuff to try and clean it? it is puffed off frequently during use and does not look "grimy." I wish that there was some way to incorporate a mouse into the control station, that track pad is tiny and really annoying! :fire:
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS
Dennis Palmer
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: keyboard trackpad

Post by Dennis Palmer »

Hello Stuart,

Sorry your track pad is responding erratically. I suggest you call our toll free service number, where you'll get a much quicker response than posting on this forum.
Toll Free Service, (800) 221-3865.

Dennis
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Stuart, ours tends to do this in very humid weather. Not sure if in hardware or just the surface and finger dirt. Best success we have had is to restart things after we get to stopping point. Dust on pad or fingers is a problem too. We have been living with this for a long time and it is not getting any worse. Wish I had better news. At one point we thought we should put a film of oily cleaner on it but we have not had the courage to try it for fear we really make it bad.
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

I don't use the on board mouse or key board.
Take the side cover off and plug in your mouse and keyboard put the cover back on. Mine has been like this for 7 years
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

Hey Stuart,
We use an optical mouse with USB it works great even in a dusty environment. have it on a mouse pad and i just shake it off before i use it. see Will we do think alike sometimes
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1
Will Williamson
Guru Member

I have been using wireless mouse and keyboard for my work stations. I was thinking about trying it on the Thermwood control
Will

Will Williamson
Guru Member

I have been using wireless mouse and keyboard for my work stations. I was thinking about trying it on the Thermwood control
Will

Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

Post by Stuart Douglas »

Dennis Palmer wrote:Hello Stuart,

Sorry your track pad is responding erratically. I suggest you call our toll free service number, where you'll get a much quicker response than posting on this forum.
Toll Free Service, (800) 221-3865.

Dennis
Thanks for the fast response, I was out of town for the last week, so it wasn't urgent. :) It seemed to go away after I restarted the unit, but it happens repeatedly, occasionally. not really a big deal since the files are kept in the rolling nest, only about 90 seconds to do a restart and the problem seems to fix itself.

I like the idea of putting in an optical wireless setup. That is certainly the way to go. It would make a lot of users happy if the unit came with a LEVEL keyboard and trackpad/mouse station. the ergonomics of the angled setup are killer on the wrists. I'm sure it is the way it is to prevent people from stacking things on the interface, and the time spent actually pounding on the keyboard/trackpad is minimum, but it is REALLY uncomfortable. :beer:
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS