7 years on...

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

7 years on...

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

I (like most other people) have been having trouble getting flips to line up perfectly. The particular job I'm cutting requires dead-on, full-sheet flips, within .001". I fought and fought, and finally wondered if maybe, after 7 years, the gantry had gotten a little out of square. So yesterday I checked the squareness of the gantry for the first time since we've had the machine - 7 years. It was DEAD on.

That was a nice surprise, especially since ours is a "cheaper" machine.

P.S. The problem turned out to be the pop-up pins, as I had always suspected. The manual pins have springy cup washers that allow them to move if the material is pushed against them. I removed those, and the pins are perfectly rigid now. Alignment problem solved, finally.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Mike Murray
Company Name: VCSS

Re: 7 years on...

Post by Mike Murray »

I am with you Jeremy, I avoid flip ops, but would like to discover a more accurate way of doing them so I could use them. Any one out there have a any good solutions?
I have the lever type automatic pins. I need to revisit that and come up with a good system..
Mike Murray
Company Name: VCSS

Post by Mike Murray »

I am with you Jeremy, I avoid flip ops, but would like to discover a more accurate way of doing them so I could use them. Any one out there have a any good solutions?
I have the lever type automatic pins. I need to revisit that and come up with a good system..
David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Post by David Egnoski »

I'm on the same page as you guys. My 7 year old CS45 is running great and was a great investment. Jobs from one of my customers have flips on nearly half the parts. I'm just not comfortable with the flips first process so I do them one at a time. Sometimes they line up fine, sometimes not. I would love feedback from others on flips first.
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

Read My post reply 5 posts back( Flip ops not lining up) If you have trouble understanding what I said, let me know
This method produces dead nuts accurate flip ops.
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Marcel Thibodeau
Company Name: Northwest Kitchen Centre

Post by Marcel Thibodeau »

I'm about 6 years in with my CS 43, we avoided flip-ops because of troubles lining them up, finally this year I called support and asked for help. The tech patiently explained how to find the true corner of the material on the bed, after a few test runs and tweaking that number I was finally able to get my flip ops dead on, its been about 8 months since we set it up and use flips whenever we want with no problems.