snap resolution

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

snap resolution

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Good morning,
I am struggling a bit when I try to add dimensions in line drawing editor. Is there a way to tone down resolution or to adjust the pickbox in line editor so that it snaps to the proper place with a little less fuss. When I try to dimension cabinets the pickbox always snaps to a corner of a door instead of a cabinet so I have to zoom in and out in order to make sure it snaps to the right place. I can do it but Iam trying to reduce the time and effort it takes to dimension a drawing. It is easy for me to interrpret what a number with four decimal places means when I have created the drawing but it confuses anyone who is looking at the drawing and trying to install the cabinets. Any help would be appreciated.

I would hope in a future release that dimension lines might be automated so that they could be selected by cabinet, wall, windows, doors etc. and be toggled on or off( in addition to having full manual control :D ). I apologize for putting in a wish list item on the forum.
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Re: snap resolution

Post by tim lucas »

The only thing I can think of is in the "Drafting Parameters" you could set Round to nearest inch = 1.0
Capture.PNG
right click on page for Drafting Parameters

Maybe that will help

Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Ralph. You can hide the doors and/or any other part by clicking on part then select the parts to hide. After you have selected the parts Right click and select hide. You can unhide them after you are finished. Just right click and select show hidden items.
As for the decimals. You can change the settings while in line drawings to inches and fractions or in metric check round to nearest mm. After you are finished you can return to the room, batch or cabinet editor and change the settings back to your original settings. Everything should stay as is in line drawings.
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Good afternoon,
Tim, I tried your suggestion and it worked except that the roundoff is too far the other way :D . Scott, I tried your method and found it to be very quick and effective. Thankyou both.