Feed Rate Dropping (cs-40)

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jason Lacireno
Company Name: L-ami Du Bois

Feed Rate Dropping (cs-40)

Post by Jason Lacireno »

CS-40 computer hardware Gutted and Upgraded to windows 7.

After about 2 and a half years of the new upgrade, Feed Rate dropping from 120% to the 90's and 80 percentiles.
Changed the adjuster switch and it still does it. I tap the side of the machine and sometimes it jumps back to normal 120% and sometimes i need to open the side panel...unplug the switch and plug back in for it to get back to normal. the Plug is tight so thats not the problem.

Could there be another wire loose somewhere that messes with the feedrate?

thanks in advance.

Jay
Carl Jones
Thermwood Team

Re: Feed Rate Dropping (cs-40)

Post by Carl Jones »

Hello Jay,
Im not sure if you have been helped with this issue. If not, I would check the chassis ground on the connector board and to the main control chassis first. If the ground screws or ground wires are loose, it can cause the voltages to fluctuate that control the 0-10V DC to the speed pot. Also, check all of the white wires with the light blue stripe that are connected to the control boards. That is the reference or ground wire for the main 24VDC that power all DC components. If you cant find the problem or need any assistance please feel free to call in to the service department. 1-800-221-3865. Thanks!
Thermwood Technician
Jason Lacireno
Company Name: L-ami Du Bois

Re: Feed Rate Dropping (cs-40)

Post by Jason Lacireno »

Thanks for the Reply Carl.

I found a loose white wire with the light blue stripe on the back wall inside the control panel. the screw was almost out completely so i tightenned it up.

I will post a message here by the end of the week with the results.

Hope that was it :)

thanks again!!!