Hinge hole patterns not appearing in cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Greg Julius
Company Name: OuttaCyTE Technologies

Hinge hole patterns not appearing in cabinet

Post by Greg Julius »

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong as I can't get the hinge hole pattern to appear in my cabinet.

I have a base cab with a single drawer on top with a Blum Tandem + Blumotion slide. These hole patterns show up.

In the lower, I have two sliding drawers using KV 8400 slides and those hole patterns show up.

But when I add the Double doors in front of the sliding drawers, none of the hole patterns for the Blum Clip top Blumotion (softclose) and it's mounting plate appear.

I do the exact same set of steps that I use for the drawers, but I don't get the holes in the doors or the cabinet.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks, This is the last piece for this cabinet I need to get set before I can send this setup for a trial cut.

Blessings,
-g
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Hinge hole patterns not appearing in cabinet

Post by Kerry Fullington »

First, check your hole patterns in the hole pattern editor and see what the Negative depth is. You have to enter either a positive or negative depth to tell the software which way the hole goes.
Greg Julius

Post by Greg Julius »

Thanks Kerry,

For the hinge, I can see that they have a depth of 13mm on the negative thickness and they are on the left of the Y axix. Render shows the pattern as I expect.
Greg Julius

Post by Greg Julius »

I was reading on the forums from a while back that there was a problem when the cab is face-framed. I suspect that was fixed, but I saw no confirmation of that. Any chance that bug is still active?

What should I look at next?
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Greg,
The hinge holes in the door will only show on Slab and MDF Doors. They will not show on 5 piece doors.
By the same token the hole pattern will not show on the face frame.
If you bring your box side flush with the inside of the face frame the hole pattern will show on the box.
Greg Julius

Post by Greg Julius »

Kerry, That's good to know.

I am using Conestoga style doors. If I specify the stock for the doors as sheet stock, will they then show? More importantly, will they cut? All of the hardware does show up on the Buy list

On my slide drawers (the ones using the KV 4800) they are showing in the dbx already and for my Tandem box, it doesn't have holes (except my cut parts) for that slide. For both slides, the holes show on the cabinet (visibility - transparent is so nice).
Chris Armstrong
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Chris Armstrong »

hi greg,

we use the sheet stock as we mainly do vinyl wrap, painted and colored board doors. when we put the hinge pattern in on that sheet stock it shows up in ecabinets and cuts good