Screen print - versus using the camera in LDE

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Screen print - versus using the camera in LDE

Post by Donald Thomson »

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I use the little camera in the LDE to get a screen shot, the screen shot is missing stuff that shows up on the screen. Is there something I need to do to get all the detail on the screen to show up in the JPG that is output from the camera?
Attachments
This is the result of the camera in LDE. Lots of stuff missing.
This is the result of the camera in LDE. Lots of stuff missing.
This is what I get when I use Alt+Print Screen.
This is what I get when I use Alt+Print Screen.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Re: Screen print - versus using the camera in LDE

Post by Ralph Balanik »

What are you wanting to print that you don't see? while you are in the line editor if you left click "file" in the upper left corner the drop down menu gives print options. When I select the print option it prints the line drawing and all of the info on the line drawing but it does not print everything on the screen.
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Sorry Don, Started typing before I engaged the ole brain. :oops: I saw something in your post that simply wasn't there. It has been a long day.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

This is a bug we have been notified of via email (so not a thread on here if you are looking for one; that I know of at least). It functions correctly in 6.1, but not in 6.1.1. It should be corrected in the next release. If you do as Ralph suggests, you can go to file and print, and everything will show up.

If you don't want to actually print the pictures, you can use a program such as CutePDF to use as a printer and create a PDF rather than a .jpg. That is if you don't already have something that can create them. When I did my test previously, the PDF was about half the file size the .jpg was so there wasn't an issue with storage size.

-Clint-