Not applying the correct number of hinges

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Not applying the correct number of hinges

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Good afternoon,
I am trying to develop a new library. I have created an upper cabinet with two shelves and though I have not installed any doors I have set this up to include hinges and mounting plates. If I apply the hinges and mounting plates while installing doors in the door editor of the cabinet editor, it installs six hinges and mounting plates according to the buy list. That is not the correct amount for the height of the door because maximum distance between hinges is 40 inches by default. If I install the doors but apply hinges from the main area of the cabinet editor it installs the correct amount which is four per cabinet according to the buy list.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?
W3030 2s.hsf
(712.02 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Re: Not applying the correct number of hinges

Post by Ralph Balanik »

For a little more clarity,
I created this cabinet without doors but set up default reveals and gaps for the doors as well as hinges and mounting plates. When I need to apply doors I simply take the cabinet into the cabinet editor- door editor, choose a door and apply. It is supposed to apply the door with all of the correct reveals and gaps and the correct number of hinges. It supplies six hinges and mounting plates but only applies four mounting plate holes as it should. The buy list is still incorrect. If I clear the default hardware and then reapply the defaults, it populates the buy list correctly regardless if I am in the door editor or the main screen of the cabinet editor.