Custom Layout and LDE for Commercial Shops?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

Custom Layout and LDE for Commercial Shops?

Post by Stuart Douglas »

We do almost 100% commercial jobs and have been doing the shops for these on an old version of MV and/or AutoCAD. The shops are done by my superior in ACAD with the MV overlay. Both of the versions used are circa 2004. Because we don't really want to lay out the $ to keep these software versions updated, especially if we can do the same work with better continuity, I'm looking for similar users who are using the ECabs equivalents exclusively.

I understand that ECabs is NOT equivalent and will not be as feature rich. I will still need to use ACAD frequently for the other work that we do and to aid in part editor cuts and oddball DXF creation. But, If I can eliminate the MV step so that we are making shops right in ECabs, then I think we can eliminate a few extra steps in our process and rid ourselves of the cost of unnecessary software subscriptions/licenses.

I've attended the training in Dale for ECabs, but it was over 2 years ago. Since I haven't used the custom layout and LDE since then, and I'm primarily familiar with ACAD, the progress has been slow and painful. If anyone has been down this road, I'd love to talk to you.

TIA for any feedback from the forum, this has been a great resource. :beer:
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS
Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

Re: Custom Layout and LDE for Commercial Shops?

Post by Stuart Douglas »

Is there a way to scale the drawing in LDE?
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS