Shopbot Link

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Shopbot Link

Post by tim lucas »

Found a small issue with the Link 1.0.21 Beta 2

Needed to make 2 drawer boxes (no cabinets just boxes) in custom layout created a wall - selected my drawer box - CNC created my TWD file - opened the link - loaded the TWD file, all looks fine, click ok - select X or Y nest and get error nothing to nest - click load and nothing is there - something about just drawer boxes causes it to not nest. I added a cabinet to the room and created a new TWD file with the cabinet and all is well even after I load the file and "X" the cabinet from the nest, the drawer boxes nest fine but without the cabinet in the mix the drawer boxes wont nest. Hope you can duplicate :D

Thanks
Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Shopbot Link

Post by Forrest Chapman »

I don't know how to fix your problem Tim, but I'm wondering why you don't use the batch cabinet function to load your individual drawers?

Forrest
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Tim,

I'm reproducing what you see so I'll get it listed so we can correct it. Doing as Forrest suggests by using Batch Cabinets will allow it to write to nest correctly.

-Clint-
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

And for clarity for others, the issue is in the latest Beta 1.21.2. For me it is functioning within 1.0.21 and 1.0.20.

-Clint-
tim lucas
Guru Member
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Post by tim lucas »

Forrest Chapman wrote:I don't know how to fix your problem Tim, but I'm wondering why you don't use the batch cabinet function to load your individual drawers?

Forrest

Well...

I have not used batch function yet, I always just put my stuff in a room with one wall :)

and on jobs like this I save the drawer box but not the job, so I guess I is a little backward :shock:

Thanks
Tim
Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC
www.TLCW.us