lost dimensions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jack Mazzuchelli
Company Name: Custom Carpentry by Jack

lost dimensions

Post by Jack Mazzuchelli »

When I bring a cabinet into the line drawing portion I no longer get numbers? I get the carrot ends, I get the circles to designate the corners, line expansion but NO dimensions. anybody else ever have this problem? I even re installed latest update but problem still remains. :?:
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: lost dimensions

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Jack.
Just a thought.
I wonder if you have wingdings set under the chosen font?
Have a look under the big black A in the font settings at the top and select something different, see if that helps.
David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Post by David Egnoski »

Just tried LDE this morning. Same problem. Thought it might be a Windows update problem so I downloaded the latest video drive from Nvidia. Same problem. Drawings that I did several weeks ago and new drawings don't display the numbers. Extension lines and arrows are OK. The dimension lines are set way toward the object that is dimensioned. Line enhance does not seem to help.
Attachments
LDE.jpg
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Jack, I'm not sure if it's a windows 10 problem, or not. Mine is similar, but different than yours. When I take a cabinet to the lde and print, the preview looks fine, but when I actually print, it prints the arrows and sometimes the dims, but no expansion lines. For a little while it wouldn't print the dims at all, like yours, but when I hit reset view, they would show up. Try hitting your reset view and see if your dims show up.

I think it could be a windows 10 problem, but like I said, I'm just not sure. I'm hoping, since there is enough of us having problems that Thermwood might delve into it and see if they can figure it out. Like you, I have updated my nvidia graphics card, but I'm kind of wondering if it may be a problem with nvidia and windows 10.
Jack Mazzuchelli

Terry, thanks for reply. I am beginning to wonder if hardware issue is possible. Since i last used ecabs, My computer was completely rebuilt to a gamer by my son. runs great but either coincidence or not not too long after this problem arose. video card was upgraded to a nvidia geforce GTX 1080. I am not a computer genius but if that helps. intel 5 to a 7 chip. Still since more than I am having same problem most likely not.
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

That's certainly possible Jack. My gut instinct tells me it may be a problem with nvidia drivers and windows 10. Maybe they just aren't up to speed yet? Don't know, but it appears that those of us having problems seem to have the nvidia graphics cards. Maybe others will weigh in and we can attempt to track it down.
David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Post by David Egnoski »

Reset View does restore the dimension numbers.
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork
Jack Mazzuchelli

tried to reset but can only do in main and did not help. Installed new up date and still cannot get dimensions, have no idea what is happening. :( :( :?: :?:
Just tried a completely new cabinet from the standard directory, not only did it not render dimensions it also crashed it
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

Yes, after downloading W10 I had to update video invidia card
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Jack Mazzuchelli

As of this date I am still unable to get dimensions, installed ALL updates no changes. Any help PLEASE :wall: :wall: :wall:
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi, Jack I updated to windows 10 shortly after it came out. I had so many problems with it I finally went back to 8.1. So far no more problems.
Jack Mazzuchelli

Scott, thanks, am unable to go back since this puker is used by more than myself. If i am not using it :roll: my son uses it as a gamer. :roll: :roll:
Sounds like ecabs need a tweek to be more compatible. Interestingly was running fine until we upgraded the machine so am scratching my butt wondering what it is that we changed that did it. seems to be that alot of folks suspect the ninvidia card. We DID a massive upgrade on the video card.
It is only the dimensions, everything runs great. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Maybe Jason will see this and have an answer, besides a grenade :D :D :joker: :mrgreen: thanks again. FROM ME AND MINE TO YOU AND YOURS MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR SAFE HOLIDAYS
Chris Vokes
Company Name: CNC Automation

Post by Chris Vokes »

To me it looks like the cabinets are coming into the line drawing editor in "Perspective View" for some reason. Haven't found a way to correct this yet. A slight work around is to bring the cabinet into line drawing editor. create a dimension (it won't show up). Then right click and hit "reset view". The view will be reset to orthographic and the dimensions will now work. Hopefully that works for others. Please fix this eCabinets!
Jack Mazzuchelli

CHRIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOO YOU GOT IT. Thanks very much It worked :D :D :D :D At least now I know it isn't my machine, just have to hope they can figure out the software gremlin and eliminate him with extreme predjudice :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

FROM ME AND MINE TO YOU AND YOURS MERRY CHRISTMAS PROSPEROUS SAFE HAPPY NEW YEAR