exporting

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jack Mazzuchelli
Company Name: Custom Carpentry by Jack

exporting

Post by Jack Mazzuchelli »

2 questions, how can I export a complete job file? How can I email same job file? I am not very ecab fluent. I have a chance to get a large job cut for me and he uses cabinet vision. A friend in another shop uses ecabs and wants me to send him the job file for review.
Thanks
Custom Carpentry
Jack
:?: :?: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: exporting

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Jack,

If it is a room layout or a batch job, both are .esj files. You just need to attach that .esj file to an email and send it. When he opens the .esj, it will have all the cabinets, materials, etc stored with it. If it is a single cabinet, you will need to find its location on the computer and send the .hsf file. The easiest way to do this would be to find the cabinet in the Item Window on the right, choose the little drop down arrow, and pick Explore. This will open File Explorer to its location. He can then drop it into where he stores his cabinets and open it.

-Clint-
Jack Mazzuchelli

Clint, thanks for the rapid response. Tried to email and got error msg about not having address associated with ecabs. Thats a new one on me. I did see where I might be able to send file to a thumb drive IF I am understanding what I am reading
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Jack,

Are you seeing this error message from your email provider? Usually there is something along the lines of Attachments or a picture of a paper clip to attach the file to the email. You can also set up a DropBox account for free and give him a link to download from.

-Clint-
Jack Mazzuchelli

No clint, from ecabs itself. When I right click om the esj file i get drop down box of choices, the one that says to send/share by email gives me the error msg, no account associated with the email choice :?:
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Jack,

I've never tried to email that way before. I've always found it easiest to go to my email provider (Yahoo), compose a new message, and choose the paper clip icon to attach the file.

-Clint-
Jack Mazzuchelli

Clint, we got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarrassingly easy for my son, me not so much :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks so much. he transfered to desktop also ran a rar version so other computers anti virus programs wont have a fit if they cant accept the esj format