cutlist

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jack Mazzuchelli
Company Name: Custom Carpentry by Jack

cutlist

Post by Jack Mazzuchelli »

Is there a way to pull a rip list from the cutlist? I have to manually make a rip list so a friend of mine who has a slider can pre rip all my material so i dont have to fight full sheets for both physical and space reasons? :?: :?: :D For the few of us old old folks who do not have the new toys this would be a super fantastic feature. Even on nesting it does not give the width of a part just its identity.
Thanks
Jack
JR Allen
Company Name: JRs Woodworx

Re: cutlist

Post by JR Allen »

Hi Jack, Did you try the double click feature in the nesting area? It gives the part sizes and you can also double click the part for more detail.
Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Post by Carmen Addamo »

Export the cutlist to excel. There are some good videos posted in an excel thread on this site to show you how to make that list easier to work with. Once the list is "cleaned up" (takes about two minutes after you learn how) highlight the "width" column in the sheet component tab. Then "sort" the column Z-A. This will give you all your rips from widest to narrow. I will first sort the "width" column and then the "material" column. This gives me all my rips from wide to narrow and separates different materials (3/4", 1/2" etc).

After I print out the above I then proceed to highlight the "length" column and then again the "material" column. Now I have all my crosscuts from longest to shortest and again separated by different materials.
Jack Mazzuchelli
Company Name: Custom Carpentry by Jack

Post by Jack Mazzuchelli »

Thank you, i shall try both ways, erxcel be a little tuffer but might as well learn :P :P :P :P :D :D