Cabinet changes/deleted after CNC

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ian Richardson
Company Name: Millworx

Cabinet changes/deleted after CNC

Postby Ian Richardson » Fri, Aug 04 2017, 7:30AM

Just asking if anyone has experiences with issues after clicking CNC?

Heres my issues:

1) I create a batch of cabinets with doors/drawer fronts and drawer boxes. After I click CNC. Random drawer cabinets with dbx's have been deleted from my batch. Upper cabinets are fine.

2) I create a batch with cabinet and dbx (no drawer front). Cabinet has no back either. The dbx should be 20" deep. All is good before CNCing. Click CNC. All the dbx's have been inset 3/4" from the back. Dbx is now 19.25" deep. Its like ecabinets decided to add the 3/4" back just for the hell of it.

I had the entire batch of 25 dbx's supposed to be 20"deep, now all 19.25" deep. All garbage. :wall: :wall: :wall: :fire: :fire: :fire:

3) I make all my cabinets tenon and dado. The other day I had 2 base cabinets with tenon on the back panel (left and right), but no dado to accept them in the left and right side panels. I re check my cabinet in the batch. Its fine.

So F..ing frustrating

The guys in the shop look at me like Im a f..ing idiot. My boss looks at me with frustration.
My hands are up. I give up. Do I have to re-check every cabinet after I hit CNC now??? Thats a time/production issue :wall:

Ian Richardson

Re: Cabinet changes/deleted after CNC

Postby Ian Richardson » Fri, Aug 04 2017, 8:49AM

With a follow up to my post. Here is an example of a batch after clicking CNC. Note the listing on the left, b1,b2,b3......etc. See how it deletes and skips at b6.
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Attachments
BATCH.PNG

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Postby Donald Thomson » Fri, Aug 04 2017, 9:42AM

I have had problems with stretcher configurations changes. I make all my stretchers to be M&T at each end. I've had eCabs randomly change to butt joints without my knowledge. Got to cut on the CNC and tenons are missing. End up pocket screwing them in place.

Very frustrating!!
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Postby Clint Buechlein » Fri, Aug 04 2017, 12:06PM

Ian Richardson wrote:Just asking if anyone has experiences with issues after clicking CNC?

Heres my issues:

1) I create a batch of cabinets with doors/drawer fronts and drawer boxes. After I click CNC. Random drawer cabinets with dbx's have been deleted from my batch. Upper cabinets are fine.

2) I create a batch with cabinet and dbx (no drawer front). Cabinet has no back either. The dbx should be 20" deep. All is good before CNCing. Click CNC. All the dbx's have been inset 3/4" from the back. Dbx is now 19.25" deep. Its like ecabinets decided to add the 3/4" back just for the hell of it.

I had the entire batch of 25 dbx's supposed to be 20"deep, now all 19.25" deep. All garbage. :wall: :wall: :wall: :fire: :fire: :fire:

3) I make all my cabinets tenon and dado. The other day I had 2 base cabinets with tenon on the back panel (left and right), but no dado to accept them in the left and right side panels. I re check my cabinet in the batch. Its fine.

So F..ing frustrating

The guys in the shop look at me like Im a f..ing idiot. My boss looks at me with frustration.
My hands are up. I give up. Do I have to re-check every cabinet after I hit CNC now??? Thats a time/production issue :wall:
Ian,

1) Does it eliminate the cabinets and drawer boxes every time? So if you recreate the job and click CNC again does it remove them? If you are unsure, make sure to follow the same procedure as you did before including any material changes.

2) Can you send me a batch with that cabinet and drawer box in it? When you do, let me know if you changed anything from the batch job including if you did any material changes when writing to CNC.

3) Can you send me the cabinet with the tenon/dado issue? Make sure to include information of any material changes done to it when writing to CNC.

Send files to cabinets@thermwood.com. Make sure to reference which cabinet and job belong to which so I can keep them straight.
Donald Thomson wrote:I have had problems with stretcher configurations changes. I make all my stretchers to be M&T at each end. I've had eCabs randomly change to butt joints without my knowledge. Got to cut on the CNC and tenons are missing. End up pocket screwing them in place.

Very frustrating!!
Don,

Do you have one of those cabinets that was giving you an issue? I'd need to know also if you changed material thickness or anything after you clicked CNC. You can send it to cabinets@thermwood.com.

-Clint-

Ian Richardson

Postby Ian Richardson » Fri, Aug 04 2017, 12:58PM

email sent Clint

David Egnoski
Company Name: Richmond Cabinet

Postby David Egnoski » Fri, Aug 04 2017, 2:21PM

Just had a customer call about drawerbox sides being cut short. eCabinets has the drawer sides at 21" long. The cut list shows them at 21". I changed material thickness when creating the twd. The parts where cut at 18".

Hope this helps.
Dave Egnoski
Richmond Cabinet & Millwork

David Giesbrecht
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Postby David Giesbrecht » Fri, Aug 04 2017, 4:29PM

David Egnoski wrote:Just had a customer call about drawerbox sides being cut short. eCabinets has the drawer sides at 21" long. The cut list shows them at 21". I changed material thickness when creating the twd. The parts where cut at 18".

Hope this helps.
David, not sure if you are putting this out as a question or a statement... Ecabinets will automatically jump down to a shorter increment if the back thickness interferes with the drawer box length. It gets this from drawer back inset see attached.
Capture.JPG
I try to give at least 3mm extra so I don't have this issue.
David Giesbrecht
Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-7700CPU OC@ 4.8 GHz
8.00 GB DDR5 2133MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Z270x-Gaming 5 MOBO
1TB Samsung 960PRO SSD

David Egnoski

Postby David Egnoski » Fri, Aug 04 2017, 5:36PM

David,

The cutlist in eCabs has the correct drawer side length. What was nested at the router was shorter than what was designed.
Dave Egnoski

David Egnoski

Postby David Egnoski » Fri, Aug 04 2017, 5:50PM

I just created the twd for the same job without changing material thickness. The drawer boxes are the correct depth.
Dave Egnoski

Ian Richardson

Postby Ian Richardson » Tue, Aug 08 2017, 3:58PM

Just an update for anyone following, this morning Clint gained access to my desktop remotely after I had the the same issue with dbx resizing when editing my cabinet depth. I have attached a snap shot of the settings he changed. I believe it was "force software rendering" and "use graphics double buffering" he checked. I don't have the problem with resizing now. Just need to upgrade my graphics card as movement on the screen is choppy. I will let everyone know if I experience cabinet deleting after CNC ing.
:beer: Clint
Attachments
SETTINGS.PNG

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Postby Clint Buechlein » Wed, Aug 09 2017, 9:57AM

Ian is correct in the two settings changes we made. When Force Software Rendering is checked, the software avoids hardware acceleration and the CPU renders rather than the graphics card. The Use Graphics Double Buffering lowers the frame rate.

If you are having an issue that something isn't appearing to be correct graphically or something not being displayed, we will typically tell you to check these two boxes, restart eCabinets and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, either your driver needs to be updated for your graphics card, or the card is possibly failing.

As a follow up to Dave Egnoski's issue with drawer boxes, it is as David Giesbrecht mentioned. The cabinet was 24" in depth. With a 21" drawer box, it left 3" worth of room behind the box. The box was set with a 2" back inset leaving 1" of usable room. The back's thickness is .75" with a .25" inset so it left no room. Decreasing material thickness would have been OK, but when it was written to CNC the material thickness was increased. The box was set to go in 3" increments, so when the back material's thickness was increased, all insets had to obey. That made the box drop 3" in size to accommodate the thicker back. A smaller back inset for the drawer box would alleviate this issue as long as you don't go so small that you could jump to the next size box larger when the material thickness is dropped. An unfortunate perfect storm of numbers matching up.

-Clint-

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”