two level floor / not perfect but works for show

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

JR Allen
Company Name: JRs Woodworx

two level floor / not perfect but works for show

Postby JR Allen » Tue, Nov 07 2017, 10:09AM

Did the display cube floor and it worked for the presentation, could have spent more time on accuracy but the work comes first.

Bolick Res.jpg

tim lucas
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Re: two level floor / not perfect but works for show

Postby tim lucas » Tue, Nov 07 2017, 7:49PM

Good presentation and nice clean look

Tim
HP Desktop
i5 2400 @ 3.10 GHz
8.0 G Ram
Win 7 Pro
Nvidia Quadro NVS 290

Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
the man who gains understanding.

JR Allen
Company Name: JRs Woodworx

Postby JR Allen » Wed, Nov 08 2017, 9:52AM

Thanks Tim,
I know Ecabs was not intended for design purposes and mainly CNC software but you can't beat the the visual capabilities it allows for a presentation.
My customers really like the visual aspect of the design and I'm slowly getting the hang of how to use Ecabs for the presentation without spending a ton of time on the renderings. I mostly use the program for cabinet design and costing and using the cutlist for production as I don't have a CNC, the Thermwood team has done a great job with the software despite little glitches sometimes, hats off to those guys.

tim lucas
Company Name: Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks LLC

Postby tim lucas » Wed, Nov 08 2017, 7:45PM

JR Allen wrote:Thanks Tim,
I know Ecabs was not intended for design purposes and mainly CNC software but you can't beat the the visual capabilities it allows for a presentation.
My customers really like the visual aspect of the design and I'm slowly getting the hang of how to use Ecabs for the presentation without spending a ton of time on the renderings. I mostly use the program for cabinet design and costing and using the cutlist for production as I don't have a CNC, the Thermwood team has done a great job with the software despite little glitches sometimes, hats off to those guys.

I agree!! You have to work it a little but, it Is workable and my customers love it too. I have used it to make other things besides cabinets and it nest the parts with no problems. I use it for costing also. And I just purchased a used Shopbot CNC couple years ago, not top of the line, not the fastest but wow what a difference. I hope that someday I can purchase a Thermwood.
Tim
HP Desktop
i5 2400 @ 3.10 GHz
8.0 G Ram
Win 7 Pro
Nvidia Quadro NVS 290

Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
the man who gains understanding.

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”