Purpose of locked openings

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Carmen Addamo
Company Name: Frank Raffaele and Sons Custom

Purpose of locked openings

Postby Carmen Addamo » Thu, Jan 04 2018, 2:03PM

I assumed the purpose of a locked openings was so partition openings that were locked would remain at a specified distance when resizing a cabinet. Today I build a cab with partitions placed right up against the left and right sides for a cabinet. The opening widths were set to 0" and the opening locked. I then save the cabinet to a library. When I install and resize the cabinet the partitions move. One side moved 1/16" the other something like 5/16".

Does that function not work properly or am I misunderstanding the purpose of "lock opening"

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Purpose of locked openings

Postby Scott Marshburn » Thu, Jan 04 2018, 3:55PM

Hi Carman,Could you post the cabinet? Everything seems to work fine for me on both frameless and framed.

Carmen Addamo

Postby Carmen Addamo » Fri, Jan 05 2018, 12:30PM

Scott I deleted the cabinet yesterday and replaced the partitions with stretchers. Today I used the seed base cabinet from the "Standard Library" and replicated the partitions I was having issues with and all was working fine with opening widths remaining locked upon resizing.

So I now changed the stretchers from yesterday's cabinet back to partitions and again they do not remain locked. I'll post the file as requested. Note that each left/right cabinet side has 1/4" mdf partitions (4" wide) flush with the front edge and 1/4" mdf stretches (4" wide) flush to the cabinet back. These act as padding for the second 3/4" layer partitions. Thanks for looking things over.
Opening Lock Issue.hsf
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 378 times

Carmen Addamo

Postby Carmen Addamo » Fri, Jan 05 2018, 1:06PM

While I have your attention would you mind explaining how one goes about importing this hsf file into ecabinets so it can be handled as a cabinet. I know how to import from display part editior but that turns my file into a dispaly part. Yes I'm clueless :?

Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Postby Scott Marshburn » Fri, Jan 05 2018, 5:45PM

Carmen Addamo wrote:While I have your attention would you mind explaining how one goes about importing this hsf file into ecabinets so it can be handled as a cabinet. I know how to import from display part editor but that turns my file into a display part. Yes I'm clueless:?
I have a Library detected for forum downloads. When I click on the link to download it, it prompts me to save it.I just browse for the folder and save it there.
Hope this helps.
Scott

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Postby Clint Buechlein » Mon, Jan 08 2018, 10:17AM

Carmen,

I see what you are seeing with the cabinet. It looks like there is something most likely broken with the cabinet itself and how it is recognizing the openings. It is wrong with the cabinet in it's basic state before changing the size. If you hide the right stile and zoom in real tight on the right partition, you can see it overlapping the right end just slightly. It's also evident when you go into Shelf/Partition Editor and select the lower opening. It's showing size of 26.505" when it should be 26.5". I will pass it along to the software engineers and let you know what I hear back. If you are in an immediate need with this exact cabinet I would build it with stretchers so you can get it cut.
Carmen Addamo wrote:While I have your attention would you mind explaining how one goes about importing this hsf file into ecabinets so it can be handled as a cabinet. I know how to import from display part editior but that turns my file into a dispaly part. Yes I'm clueless :?
Is this a cabinet to begin with, or is it something from outside eCabinets?

-Clint-

Carmen Addamo

Postby Carmen Addamo » Mon, Jan 08 2018, 7:45PM

Okay Thanks Clint. The cabinet I posted was from Ecabs. My question was that I didn't know how to import posted cabinets from this forum into ecabs as a cabinet that could be edited or just simply viewed as any other cabinet that was originally constructed within ecabs. For example the cabinet I posted. I can download and save to my desktop but I don't know how to import it into ecabs.

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Postby Clint Buechlein » Tue, Jan 09 2018, 9:04AM

Carmen Addamo wrote:Okay Thanks Clint. The cabinet I posted was from Ecabs. My question was that I didn't know how to import posted cabinets from this forum into ecabs as a cabinet that could be edited or just simply viewed as any other cabinet that was originally constructed within ecabs. For example the cabinet I posted. I can download and save to my desktop but I don't know how to import it into ecabs.
Gotcha. You'll need to place it wherever your User Data Path points to in Settings/Preferences of eCabinets. By default it is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems, and then cabinets go into the cabinets folder, assemblies in the Assemblies folder, etc etc.

-Clint-

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”