How to get version 6.2

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

andy photenas
Company Name: woodland Kitchens NH

How to get version 6.2

Postby andy photenas » Mon, Mar 12 2018, 11:02AM

Hello all, Could anyone direct me in the right direction on how to get version 6.2 up and running on my eCab?
When I ask under communications if there are any updates it says im running the latest version. When I check what version I am running it says im running 6.1.6 . The only reason I care is the new feature where you can tell it to only go to 16ths would be nice for me. Thanks a bunch for any help all.

Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Re: How to get version 6.2

Postby Tommy Wieler » Mon, Mar 12 2018, 11:12AM

I've noticed that sometimes too, where the program itself doesn't seem to know about updates being available.
You can download the update directly from this link:
http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/ecabinet ... pdates.htm

andy photenas

Postby andy photenas » Tue, Mar 13 2018, 12:07PM

Thanks for helping me out. I tried to follow the directions on the link but it downloaded 2 files one is and app and one is a part file ?
The app file tells me its not a valid win32 app.
The other file labeled part says window cant open this file and wants me to choose a program to open the file with but eCab is not in the selection.
Any help would be great im horrible with this stuff im sorry if my question is very noob. thanks again for any help.

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Postby Clint Buechlein » Tue, Mar 13 2018, 12:18PM

Do you have slower internet by chance? I believe I've seen something like this when at a customer's and his internet was quite slow. Slow enough to the point that the files were downloaded but not packaged back together.

-Clint-

andy photenas

Postby andy photenas » Tue, Mar 13 2018, 4:02PM

That is very possible. Most of the time my internet is amazing but today its really bad. I tried looking for the files to try them again and could not find them in that folder. do you have any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Postby Clint Buechlein » Wed, Mar 14 2018, 7:25AM

andy photenas wrote:That is very possible. Most of the time my internet is amazing but today its really bad. I tried looking for the files to try them again and could not find them in that folder. do you have any suggestions on how to proceed from here?
You'll have to start the download again. The download most likely didn't finish completely so the parts of the files could be missing also.

-Clint-

andy photenas

Postby andy photenas » Wed, Mar 14 2018, 11:13AM

Ok you were right and it did not download the whole file. I started to download the file now. I want only to add to the program i am using now so i dont loose all of my work i have hundreds of hrs on this setting up my library and settins and such. it says on the link that this is the full version of eCabinets not a add on. Will the download from the link above make me install the new version of ecab? and if so will i loose all my settings and my library ?Thanks again team.

Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Postby Tommy Wieler » Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:29PM

Will the download from the link above make me install the new version of ecab?
Not in my experience. I've updated ecabinets several times by downloading from their website, and I never lost anything yet.
This is the exact quote from their website:
(Note: This is the full version of eCabinet Systems 6.2 - Make sure eCabinets is closed before you download and run this build).
You'll notice that it tells you to make sure eCabinets is closed, so there's your clue that this should work for an update as well.

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Postby Clint Buechlein » Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:38PM

Andy,

There shouldn't be any issues losing files or settings. If you haven't lately (or ever) taken a backup from eCabinets, I highly highly highly suggest you do. The backup will grab important files and settings in the event of a hard drive failure. I highly recommend creating the back up and storing it off the computer. Whether this be on a cloud service or a portable flash drive, you really should have a backup. Depending on how much work you do, it may be a backup every week, or maybe just once a year. Just have something to fall back on so you aren't back at square one. ECabinets has a utility to backup your files, its crazy not to use it to copy everything.

-Clint-

andy photenas

Postby andy photenas » Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:48PM

ok im going to go learn how to do this ty so much.

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”