Last line feed speed

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Dave Burtchell

Last line feed speed

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Howdy,

I'm using 4.86. I have Last line feed speed set to 300. Outline tool feed speed is 800. I've been getting a lot of parts with the last line feed speed of 800. Anyone else seeing this?

Dave
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Dave,

Go into your Control Nesting SETTINGS and check to see what the \"Min Feed Rate\" (Located two down from \"Last line feed speed\" )is. I'm guessing that it says 800. This setting will be the slowest feed allowed to be posted in cnc program.
Ryan Hochgesang

Hi Dave,

Go into your Control Nesting SETTINGS and check to see what the \"Min Feed Rate\" (Located two down from \"Last line feed speed\" )is. I'm guessing that it says 800. This setting will be the slowest feed allowed to be posted in cnc program.
Ryan Hochgesang

Sorry about the double reply.

Mouse got stuck I guess :)
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Ryan,

Min feed rate is set at 100!

Dave
Ryan Hochgesang

Dave,

Try updating to the latest version 4.87 and see if you are still seeing the issue. I had posted a program through 4.87 and it looked good. If you still see the issue, please sent me the file that you are nesting along with the following files from your machine:

C:\\RollingNest\\machine.ini
C:\\RollingNest\\tools.thm
C:\\system\\toolman.thm
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Ryan

Thanks to you and your team for the 4.90 fix of the \"last line feed speed\" problem. Would you please revisit it again and look at the next to last line? I'm seeing 800 ipm showing up there instead of the last line.

Thanks,
Dave
Ryan Hochgesang

Hi Dave,

I will make up some sample files to try and see this issue. I'll get back to you asap.
Ryan Hochgesang

Hi Dave,

I've tried to reproduce the situation that you are explaining, but have been unable to do so. The only thing that I might add, I've been testing in V4.91, this may be the difference. If you still see the issue after updating to v4.91, I would like to see the following files:

- .hsf (cabinet file) or .esa (Assembly file)
- .twd file that you are using from ecab
- .cnc file that you've generated at CNC machine
- C:\\RollingNest\\machine.ini (From Thermwood Controller)
- C:\\RollingNest\\tools.thm (From Thermwood Controller)
- C:\\System\\Toolman.thm (From Thermwood Controller)