Crash in line drawing

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Tom Nienow
Company Name: Nienow Woodwork

Crash in line drawing

Post by Tom Nienow »

Posted a while back that eCabs crashes when I try to change font size/type when in the line editor. Still having that problem and was told by a tech its something going on in the program. Is anyone else having this problem and is there anything I can do to get rid of this bug. I've uninstalled and reinstalled eCabs several times and also uninstalled and reinstalled fonts. Any tips or ideas? :wall:
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Crash in line drawing

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Tom,

Does the software give you the option to send in a crash report? If it doesn't go to Settings/Preferences and make sure the box for Disable Crash Reporting is unchecked. Then get it to crash again and see if the dialog comes up to send a crash report. If it does, and you send one in, note the time you sent it in and post it here so we can match it up to you. Hopefully that can give us something to work with.

-Clint-
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Tom,

I have had this problem in the past on different occasions. It always seemed to happen after a Windows Update and updating printer drivers was the solution.
Do you have another printer available to set as default in eCabinets and see if that helps. It might give some insight on if it is a printer or eCabs problem.

I haven't had the problem lately but I still hold my breath when I change fonts in eCabs.

My problem now is when I try to print from the LDE to any of the HP printers we have at work, the leader lines on dimensions won't print. I get the dimension and arrows but no leaders. It works fine with my Dell and Canon printers at home. At work I have to print to PDF and then print the pdf's to be able to show leaders.
Tom Nienow

Post by Tom Nienow »

Clint/Kerry, unchecked the disable crash reporting box, then changed the printer preference and then crash reporting box came up. I filled it out and sent it at approx. 1:05 CST. Tried to attach a screenshot of the crash report but not sure how to go about doing that.

Thanks for the feedback, and it is an HP printer I'm dealing with- fully updated
Tom Nienow

Post by Tom Nienow »

Sorry Clint, The crash report was on Saturday 2/16/19 @ approx. 1:05 pm CST, to be more specific.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Tom,

It looks as though its an issue with a font being brought in when the fonts dialog is trying to open. The font in question is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Home & Business 2017\32bit\local\fuego\host\fonts\Avenir\AvenirLT-Light.ttf. I would try renaming the .ttf file, adding org to the file extension so it isn't seen as a font. Then try eCabinets again.

If it crashes again, let me know time and date again and we see if something else is causing issue. Right now its only getting as far as trying to bring that font in.

-Clint-
Tom Nienow

Post by Tom Nienow »

Clint, deleted all the font styles of that type in Turbo Tax. Problem solved. A thousand thanks :D