Roughing button missing in CN 6.14

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Roughing button missing in CN 6.14

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

I haven't tried removing and reinstalling, but I don't seem to have the roughing button.
BTW, this is a VERY welcome feature!
no roughing button.JPG
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Re: Roughing button missing in CN 6.14

Post by Tommy Wieler »

Interesting... I have it. And yes, I agree, this feature will be very useful!
Capture.JPG
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester

Thanks Tommy, that lets me know that the issue is with my computer. I had a couple programs open when I installed CN, that's probably what did it.

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester

I found why it was missing. I have my Version Override set to 7.0.9 (using THM desktop) because this one writes code for our CS41, which is a 2008 WinXP machine with THM V7. If I change the version override to a newer version, the Roughing button shows up. So, the roughing feature is not available for an older THM version? :(

CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Jeremy,

Unfortunately your machine must be version 7.6 or newer for the roughing feature. There was not the necessary AFL code that is required for the roughing to work prior to 7.6. The Control Nesting update page should be updated now to reflect that.

On the other side of things, be a good time to go QCore. That'll get you flycut and all the all the latest bells and whistles for the new control.

-Clint-
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester

Haha, nice sales pitch Clint! I wonder which would be the better route (pun intended)...upgrade the CS41 to QCore or sell our little baby and get another CS45 5x8?

CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Tough question there. Are you running similar speeds on your 45 as you are on your 41? The 45 you should be running quite a bit faster than the 41. Unless you have a full need for what the 45 has to offer, you could go to a 43 instead. Save a little bit of money that route.

On the other hand, if your 41 is working out well for you, the cost to upgrade shouldn't be too awful bad. Retrofits can get you an exact cost, it doesn't hurt or cost you anything to find out how much. You can reach them at retrofits@thermwood.com.

-Clint-
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester

We're very happy with our little 41, it is always our go-to workhorse. It is starting to show its age of course. Probably will need a new spindle in a year or so, and its Windows XP "brain" is a little frazzled - the THM desktop software has given this machine a new lease on life, because it was SUPER slow at nesting. But, I can see that as new features are added (like this Roughing feature) they will be less and less available for the Version 7 WinXP controller.

So to answer, the biggest speed improvement we would get from a new machine would be a typewriter ATH changer.

At present, I'm leaning towards just upgrading the controller to a QCore (or whatever the newest is these days...) because the little machine just keeps chugging along, and dammit, I'm kinda sentimental about it. :wink:

CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Understandable, especially from the cost aspect. If you aren't behind in work or turning it away it would be hard to justify buying a new machine. With your 45, you should be seeing feed speeds of 650ipm or so (should be fair bit faster than your 41), so hopefully you're seeing faster processing time with that as well as the ATH changer.

With the QCore update you'll gain the Flycut System so you won't have to touch of the table to surface anymore, as well as the update to Windows 10 and THM10 (and any future bells, whistles, and bug fixes). Your 45 can be (if it hasn't been already) updated to THM10 for free to get you to latest version.

-Clint-
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

Hey Clint can I upgrade my CS45 -510 to windows 10 ?
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram