Flip Ops Not Quite Right

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Terry Hall

Flip Ops Not Quite Right

Post by Terry Hall »

I have three alignment pins along X & when I cut sheets for parts all works fine & is spot on for dims. However when I cut a full sheet with say two 24" sides with tenons, one tenon will be spot on at say 3/8", but the other will be less at maybe a 1/4" and both are set at 3/8". I have my setting in flip op set to cut flip op first, Trim Sheet checked and Pin Area only checked. When the shop bot goes to the sheet edge to trim for pins, it goes thru the motions, but misses the sheet & doesn't actually trim it. These sheets are 96.5" by 48.5 & that is set up correctly in my materials folder. Anybody else run into this?
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Flip Ops Not Quite Right

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Terry,

Under Trim Sheet, there is an Amount box, what is your value in there? Also for curiosity sake, what version of ShopBot Link are you on?

-Clint-
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thank you Clint. It's set on .03125. Version 1.21.3
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Terry,

The amount to remove sounds a little low to me. Usually I set machines with .125" to remove and so far has worked well for me. You need to remove at least some material when the sheet trim is happening or the cuts will not be registered correctly.

-Clint-
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks Clint. I believe you're right. I haven't tired it yet, but It did work at one time and I believe I may have changed it to try to get more out of a sheet some time back, but never changed it back. I'll give it a shot in the next few weeks.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Terry, I would second what Clint said about taking more although we only take .0625" or 1/16". I've found that sometimes the sheet is undersized to 48 7/16" so even the 1/16" trim just barely touches it.

Forrest
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Thanks Clint and Forrest, I should have posted it sooner. I changed it to .125 and it worked fine.