Cant Select or Delete Shelf

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Troy Hollinshead
Company Name: Leidys Custom Woodworking

Cant Select or Delete Shelf

Post by Troy Hollinshead »

Normally I can work thru the glitches. Never used opening locks on this cabinet. So thats not what caused it. Cannot select or delete the shelf. Ive worked backwards and put the cabinet back to a normal cabinet but still whatever the issue is is still there. Can anyone else delete it?

Thanks
Troy Hollinshead
Attachments
Cant-Select-Shelf.jpg
Cant-Select-Shelf.jpg (18.42 KiB) Viewed 8619 times
Cant-Select-Shelf.hsf
(674.02 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
Nicolas Barbeito
Company Name: Zimmerman Furniture Co

Re: Cant Select or Delete Shelf

Post by Nicolas Barbeito »

Initially I could not, but I found that zooming in on the cabinet for some reason enabled me to grab the shelf.
Troy Hollinshead

Thanks Nicolas!

That also worked for me. I was able to delete the shelf. Now when I re-add it, ecabs does the same thing as before. I can see the top opening is showing 2 dimensions overtop of each other.

Thanks
Troy
Attachments
Issue2.png
Troy Hollinshead

Bump......this is happening on alot of cabinets.
Ralph Balanik
Company Name: Ralph Balanik

Post by Ralph Balanik »

Hi Troy,
I did try to delete the shelf and I could not get it to highlight in the shelf editor so I could do nothing with it. I was able to highlight it in the main area of the cabinet editor but was not able to delete it. I was redirected to use the appropriate editor to delete the shelf. I was also able to highlight the shelf in the stretcher editor but again could not delete or do anything with it. I got a message about only highlighting one item at a time when I was in the stretcher editor. I thought this to be odd because there was no indication that anything else was highlighted.

Since you are having trouble with other cabinets I suspect that you have used the same library through several versions and updates of ecabinets and your files may have become corrupted. That is just a guess on my part. It was suggested (I believe) in one of Dennis Englerts videos that when a new update is released that your library should be saved in a new directory using global modification. I again would guesss that this would apply any bug fixes to the entire library. I have done this with my main library since global modification has been available, and I have been able to use my original library with no obvious glitches. I have not been doing a lot with my ecabinets library for the past several months so I may have some issues that I am not aware of. A lot of what I do requires starting from scratch so I might suggest that I don't have the same issues as those who use a library consistantly.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Troy Hollinshead wrote:Bump......this is happening on alot of cabinets.
Troy,

It looks as though the section information for the cabinet is corrupted. Can you either email one of your seed cabinets, or post one so I can take a look at it? If it is in the seed, you'll need to recreate at the seed. If it isn't in the seed, there may be an issue along the way as you are creating the new cabinets.

-Clint-
Troy Hollinshead

Clint,

Here are a few cabs. 2 Broken and the seed. The cabs are fine when I start, but when modified they break. I start all over from the seed and they are fine. Something in ecabs is causing them to get corrupted. I dont know if its related to using to the "Newer" shelf hole options, changing top from full to strecthers or adjusting the back. All are simple tasks.

Thanks
Troy Hollinshead
Attachments
Leidys_Broken_Shelves.zip
(720.7 KiB) Downloaded 361 times