Vacuum Pods

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Dave Allan
Company Name: Crane Woodworking

Vacuum Pods

Post by Dave Allan »

Can anyone tell me if I need any additional hardware or software to use a pod setup? I don't understand how the machine knows exactly where the parts are on the table. Any input would be appreciated
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Vacuum Pods

Post by Clint Buechlein »

You should not need any additional software to run pods on the machine. For the X and Y location of your parts or pods, you'll need to set a fixture offset for them. At the machine, you can go to the help manual, and the search for SWITCH2FIX1. There should be a section in there for Acquiring SWITCH2RPU/SWITCH2FIX#. That will give the steps needed for the machine to correctly calculate the Z height.

-Clint-
Dave Allan
Company Name: Crane Woodworking

Post by Dave Allan »

Thanks Clint,
Once I set up the fixture offset, is it just a matter of measuring from zero to manually place the part on the pods?
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Dave,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean in your last post. You'll find your fixture offset to where you plan to program from for X and Y. Then you will follow what the manual says to set the height of the pods in Machine Variables. Once you have those set, your program must contain the AFL statement for using the Machine Variable and the new fixture offset.

-Clint-