How do you change the waste board thickness without flycutting?

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: How do you change the waste board thickness without flycutting?

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Jeremy Schiffer wrote: Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:02PM
Clint Buechlein wrote: Fri, Aug 11 2023, 7:54AM If you want to get really in to it with AFL you can write a program to run that will log the date, time, and previous waste board value to a text value, update Machine Variables to the new value, and tie it all to a Custom Action button on the side of the screen. Then you can keep track of value changes through the day with one click and typing numbers in.
That sounds pretty nifty, I'm gonna have to try that. Except, I don't know about a Custom Action button. Is that part of a newer control software, or are you saying to create the Custom Action button with AFL?

Maybe I've just been overlooking it. What a shame, I could have programmed it to make my coffee in the morning. :lol:
Custom Actions came in at THM 10.0.5 under View, Custom Actions, Manage Custom Actions. Along the right side under the tool measurement icon, you can create shortcuts to anything in the menus that has an icon, run a macro or subprogram, run an .exe (calculator, internal clock in/out software, etc), or turn an output on, off, or toggle it's state.

Technically you could have it make coffee, long as you have enough inputs and outputs. Turn on an outlet with contactors, open valves to fill water reservoir, other outputs to fill the grinds, inputs to check reserves of water and grounds. Getting some Back to the Future breakfast making vibes, but it could be done :lol: .

-Clint-