Profile edge problems

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Profile edge problems

Post by Forrest Chapman »

I'm having issues getting the beaded edge to behave on the left hand part. I had to create an oddball tool for the left only just to get it to apply correctly but once I resize it does all kinds of crazy things.
Beaded base.hsf
(560.02 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Forrest
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Profile edge problems

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Forrest,

Any idea on how you got it to what it is? Order sweeping profiles, swapping front to back midway, changing material thickness between, erasing profiles in certain order? This is a new one on the software engineers.

-Clint-
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

The first go around I used a base from one of my libraries but the second time I used a base from the standard library. You can see all my insets to get it the size I wanted before I took it to part editor.
I tried applying the back bevel first and bead second and then the other way around with the same basic results. It's the left side causing issues. I'll attach the tool I used but it doesn't work on the left end. It basically flipped the profile around no matter which direction I started from.

Forrest
Bead edge.tol
(8.74 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Forrest and Clint
Not sure if it helps.
It seems to work on a frameless base unit.
Forrest, you could use the rotate cabinet if you needed to display it.
I used your .tol tool to apply the bead. I couldn't rotate the tool to apply the smaller groove.

(I seem to remember that clicking on the left or right or top and bottom of the edge of the part is supposed to flip the way that a asymmetrical tool is applied?
That may be a faulty memory but I think it used to? It never seems to work for me so I generally just draw another tool)

I also changed the grain direction after applying the bead to both Donald's unit and mine,....... and that broke the moldings that had been applied, some stayed most disappeared, so that could be a glitch?
(i just noticed that the windowss sniping tool can now record your screen as you do things, how cool is that!
Now every post can be a movie! Yay! :roll: )

So I made a "short" video [youtube]https://youtu.be/UdZ5K0M01AI[/youtube] using the sniping tool in windows if you want to see that.

Lost moldings after grain direction change.png
Units before grain direction change
Donalds beading.esa
(996.02 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Donalds beading.jpg
Donalds beading.jpg (10.9 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
Mark

"Just wondering if windows has changed something lately, some of my libraries seemed to be more buggy than usual"