SuperControl List of Recent Files

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Daunte Smith
Company Name: Innovative Wood Worx

SuperControl List of Recent Files

Post by Daunte Smith »

Late last week I was fooled into a false sense of security by the list of .CNC files listed under the FILE drop-down. This cost us half a sheet by the time I realised.

As you can (hopefully) see in the attached picture I loaded the first listed file in the drop down menu which I thought was my oh so perfectly crafted nest which was achieved through iteration. On the right side of the screen you can see the .CNC output folder which shows the loaded file is not infact the most recent file with the perfect nest.

My reason for creating this post is two fold;

1. PSA - Dont make the same mistake I did!
2. What are the files listed in that drop down menu?
Attachments
Dont Trust Recent Files List.png
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: SuperControl List of Recent Files

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Daunte,

I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking at here. The file name for the #1 file is the same as what is at the top of THM, which has what appears to be the same file path as what is in the background in File Explorer. It all looks correct to me. If you are looking at the thought that you had a good looking nest, but didn't write to CNC, you won't have a file that matches the nest.

The files you see in the File menu are the four most recently run CNC files. When you select one, THM will load the file from the directory it was originally loaded from.

-Clint-
Daunte Smith
Company Name: Innovative Wood Worx

Re: SuperControl List of Recent Files

Post by Daunte Smith »

Sorry, maybe I should be more clear.

The file explorer on the right lists the iterative nest from newest to oldest with the newest at the top.

[x1]LVT 7 Island Dishwasher.CNC Newest and perfect version. Created then ran the first 2 sheets on 08/02/2024
[x1]LVT 7 Island Kick Return.CNC Second newest, good but not perfect
[x1]LVT 7 Pantry Wall Scribe.CNC Oldest and least efficient nest

When I came in on Friday morning, 09/02/2024, I used the first file in the drop-down menu under the assumption it was the most recent and therefore perfect nest i crafted the previous day. Unfortunately that was not the case. So my question remains:

2.What are the files listed in that drop down menu?

Clint,

Your claim that the files seen in the File drop-down menu are the four most recent files loaded into the software doesn't reconcile with what i observed. I ran the fist two sheets of [x1]LVT 7 Island Dishwasher.CNC on Thursday afternoon before going through the standard power down routine. This files is not listed in the drop down at all, maybe this was not saved when the software shut down?