Ecab updates

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

David Giesbrecht
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Ecab updates

Post by David Giesbrecht »

Probably a message to the devs. We have been running parallel programs since we got our CS43 in say 2010. Beauty of a machine! Personally I love Ecabinets and understand it and its draw backs. It is difficult for the average office worker to slap together some quick drawings. That is my question here, management over here has decided to switch to one program. Mozaik seems to be easier for the average sales person to slap drawings together its machining capabilities are severely lacking. I think the biggest issue is mouldings. Wondering if there is plans in the pipeline to change the way mouldings work. I know just enough about software to realize that some of these changes would require restructuring the software from the ground up. Would love to see a tool that we could just draw a line along the top of the cabinets and snap a moulding to. Creating a display object is just to clunky and time consuming (again for the average) :roll:

Or is the some head ways being made to nest Mozaik in Control Nesting, this would save further dev on Ecabinets....
David Giesbrecht
Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-7700CPU OC@ 4.8 GHz
8.00 GB DDR5 2133MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Z270x-Gaming 5 MOBO
1TB Samsung 960PRO SSD
Tom Nienow
Company Name: Nienow Woodwork

Re: Ecab updates

Post by Tom Nienow »

Being able to swap out crown moldings on all the cabinets in a room would be a nice feature too!